Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

If you look at the people accepted off of the waitlist in 2020 it was around 4,000 - I am wondering if the number was so high due to people deciding to go to community colleges. That could mean there might be record number of transfer applicants. I hope not. Does anyone have the stats for freshman/transfer applicants for 2022?

https://ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/content-analysis/ug-admissions/ug-pages/applications.html
It’s actually less people applying as transfer this year… The record was broken only due to the amount of students applying as freshmen…

4 Likes

yeah its been a downtrend for transfers due to lower enrollments nationwide in community colleges

1 Like

Cal Grant literally got extended because they were down 19% from people applying

Isn’t that a good sign for us?

1 Like

im not sure tbh

Have seen 2 Out of State Freshman admitted in last few hours today.

I feel like it would be slightly less competitive if there were fewer transfer apps, therefore making us stand out more?

1 Like

Did you guys check Cal Poly enrollment target number for your major? Mine was like 1 vs. 55 for last year lol… no less competitive than applying for CS at Berkeley or UCLA.
I hope they can at least increase it to 2 or 3 people this year…

just gave me a heart attack lol

Just posted on IG Story :grimacing:

UCSD Freshman thread blowing up. Seeing so many In State Wait-list & OOS Acceptances.

“6,600 accepted out of 130,000 applications! Acceptance rate dropped from 34% in 2021 to 5% now.”

I’m pretty sure 6,600 is the number of spots available. So not reflective of acceptance rate because they probably admit about 3x more due to yeild.

6600 is the target Freshman class for UCSD. They accept 3-5x as many applicants than their target.

@CalPolySL0 I’m taking the last 2 pre-rec courses for my major (business administration) this semester. They are both listed as support courses on Assist. One of them is microecon and the other is business calc. Do you think this might hurt me? I posted my stats at the top of this thread for reference. All other major pre-rec courses I’ve completed with A’s.

You haven’t heard from San Diego State as a transfer?

I still haven’t heard back from them yet

Anyone hoping for today? lmao

Those are listed as Required for CP SLO. Were u able to submit for in progress ADT? I know that helps for Transfer Admission.

https://www.calpoly.edu/admissions/transfer-student/selection-criteria/major-specific-transfer-criteria