Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

You should check to see whether utilities are included and if so, what they are. Those can amount to a good chunk of money

Are decisions coming all at once or are they pouring in slowly rn?

1 Like

Any bio science admits?

Applied for bio but no update yet

Admitted! Business Admin 3.94 non local

2 Likes

I got in… but for my alternate major?!

I applied as a Communication Studies major:

IGETC completed

Getting my ADTs in Communications Studies and Philosophy

ECs: President of Philosophy club, journalist for the school newspaper, a part of the business club

Every class completed except a required history course, however, my school does not offer it so I took another history course that would most closely transfer over.

They accepted me for Philosophy, I think it’s because of the history requirement. I’m looking everywhere to see if there’s a way I can petition and switch over my major once I’ve transferred to the school. Do any of you know if that’s possible?? The school website mentions that transfers are able to start the process of switching majors after completing one quarter. Who am I supposed to contact to get the proper information regarding this and how the process will work??

You submit your request for “Change of Major” to the Department that you’re trying to get into. Follow these instructions.

Nothing yet. I’ve asked a few people and looks like no transfers have heard back. Hopefully a good sign

Nobody knows - The portal doesn’t say what time an acceptance was delivered.
People are posting after checking their portal but the acceptance could have been sitting in their portal for a few hours.

Has anyone heard anything majoring in mechanical engineering? Thank you!!! (I’m really stressed)

Didn’t the guy from the live stream a bit ago that something around 50k or such transfers applied? That’s insane lol

this girl that I know got in as a transfer student last year (2021) for wine and viticulture and I talked to her last month because she said she wanted to switch majors and they made her reapply

1 Like

but she got in for her intended major, didn’t like the classes/couldn’t keep up with the classes, which made her want to change majors. so it’s a little different compared to your situation

2 Likes

lmao, I talked to cal poly admissions reps and they said that you couldn’t even apply as a transfer for an alternate major, very weird.

Wow, can’t believe I’m posting but I got in
My stats are pretty low compared to people posting

Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.4
AS-T: Yes, but in Math and CS
pre-reqs: 3 planned for spring when I applied. I am now behind a semester due to a family emergency (I think my acceptance will be revoked :/)
Golden four? : A’s
Local: no (norCal)
21+ hours of work per week
Leadership positions: yes
Related to major: no
over 120 units

4 Likes

Don’t think this will help your stress levels any, but I was accepted for ME around 4:00 PM PST. My stats are in post #590 if you want to look

2 Likes

Cal Poly Admissions just did an Instagram Live (calpoly_admissions) & said they are still reviewing applications & will let everyone know by April 1st.

69,000 people applied for 5,000 spots (Freshman & Transfers included)

2 Likes

Hey trying to accept but not sure how to do that? Are you saying that we have to get the email first?

Ahh congrats!!! I hope I get in. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Do you know if that girl got re-admitted this year.
If so, what new major?