Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

Messaged you!

ooooo my todo list finally updated to “final transcript” sorry cal poly but you got my in progress transcripts coming in the mail too bc yall didnt wanna update it fast enough hahaha

I’m still waiting to hear back from UC’s which will be in two weeks. If I end up deciding on cal poly and I do the housing application for cal poly late April, I assume from the previous posts that I won’t get housing at all.

So is my only option just off campus apartments? Should I even bother with the housing application at that point?

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist? Still have heard nothing here.

Did anyone go to Cal Poly’s Open House?
What did you think?

I ■■■■■■■ LOVED IT, EVERY SECOND OF IT!!

it was a tough drive from san diego but my god was it so worth it.

it did make my senioritis really bad though, like now idgaf about my school work I just wanna be in slo.

3 Likes

Me too, nothing yet…

Has anyone got off from the waitlist yet ?

Ive seen quite a few freshman get off but I’ve heard nothing from transfers .

Yup, true. Seen those freshman posts as well. I guess with waitlists it goes the same way OOS/international and freshmen first, then transfers…

I thought the two lists weren’t related, wouldn’t make much sense since the amount of spots as juniors shouldnt affect freshman spots no?

Logically yes! but who knows, we are talking about Cal Poly SLO after all )… With the way they make any decisions, everything is possible.

Waitlist for Freshman is separate from the waitlist for Transfers.
It’s 2 separate lists that don’t compete against each other.

2 Likes

Oh awesome! thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like

Just got accepted for business admin!

1 Like

See?
It does happen. Transfers make it off the Waitlist.

Welcome, to OCOB & to Cal Poly! :love_you_gesture:

Thank you! And stay hopeful, everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Will you share with your stats please?

I have one question, do you know if waitlist decisions get released in batches (like the initial acceptances) or whenever spot opens up it gets filled right away, one by one ?

Thanks!

Major: Business Admin
GPA: 4.00
AD-T: Yes. AS-T in Business Admin and AA-T in Econ
Units completed: 71 to be completed by end of spring. Taking last class this semester (Calc for business)
Local: No. LA county
Work/EC hours: 16-20 work hours. Not major related.
Leadership positions: No.

2 Likes