Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2022

For the UC’s, your statement is correct but not for the Cal States. SDSU has a TAG program for SD Local CC students.

1 Like

yes i shall give them a call right now this is ridiculous

2 Likes

just called the lady said that admission decisions for transfers can start between now and april 1 with everyone being notified by april 1st

Im going to be checking my portal so hard

1 Like

it’s crazy all the different responses we’re getting lol

2 Likes

its clear they dont know whats going on because everything is done by a super computer, all they have to do is press the release button

they might send them out earlier if we keep calling and annoying them lmao

1 Like

the number to admissions is 805-756-2311 then press 7 to speak with admission advisor

shhhhh you didnt hear this from me though :eyes:

wait wdym super computer? the admissions team doesn’t decide? or they go through applications and then put it on the super computer?

nobody goes through our admissions, all our admission data is downloaded then the data is put into some machine that runs our applications against each other with multi criteria admission stuff

1 Like

holy moly, I’m scared lol!

there is no real holistic aspect of cal poly admissions. I would imagine they just create scores using a formula that contains gpa, coursework completed, and ec hours. And then they admit students with the highest ‘scores.’ However this is purely speculation on my part.

1 Like

nah dont be too scared your only put up against other people that applied for the same major for admission lol

psychology is like the 3rd most popular major :sweat_smile:

1 Like

that why they say it is imperative to have all required courses and stuf

Does anyone know if CSU applications for transfer are down this year?

I’ve always wondered how the admissions process works, so that’s pretty cool

I think # of units completed is also part of the scoring. Few admits from few last years seemed to slide by with high # of units completed and slightly lower GPA’s. TVRomance, don’t read this, I know you are cramming to get to the 60 minimum :slight_smile: You’ll be fine.

1 Like

im just wondering why the lady said to me that we can receive transfer decisions now, i should have asked her what time. has anyone else called?

1 Like