Cals vs l&s ?

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I am trying to apply for Fall Semester, and I encountered the section called "Intended Area of Study" which has various Schools of UW-Madison.</p>

<p>Two particular Schools that attract me are College of Agriculture and Life Science, and another one was Letter & Science. I want to earn Microbiology major, but both colleges have that major. </p>

<p>Which one should I choose (bit confusing...)?</p>

<p>Don’t worry at all about your choice. It won’t affect your admission to UW- students are admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of intended major or school/college. The default is L&S, the college that most freshmen will have most or all of their classes in. You can change your choice at any time, even semesters later. Choosing a major and/or college now helps in assigning your SOAR advisor. Choose one and once you are at UW and have a better idea of the graduation requirements for each then decide.</p>

<p>Yeah, zero in on your desires once you get there. Although the status can change, I will say that purely from the standpoint of a departmental scholarship once you earn it after a couple semesters (or years), there’s probably more of a chance at one within CALS than L&S, at least right now.</p>