Can I report a grade change after mid-year reports are sent?

Mid-year grades at my school are due this Friday (February 3rd). Currently, I have a B in Math, but my teacher said they’d be willing to improve my grade if I took a few tests. I won’t be able to accomplish this before mid-year reports are sent to colleges, so could I somehow update my application after my grade in Math is changed to an A?

Also, if an update is possible, what would be the deadline for it? I know the deadline might vary for each college, but where could I find the information for it?

Do you think a single B in a senior year math class is really going to be the deciding factor that determines your final admissions decision? It seems very, very unlikely. All of this scrambling will more likely annoy your admissions officer than impress them.

1 Like

Sounds like grade inflation and schools may see through it.

Yes, you can. You can have your school send an updated transcript as soon as the grade change goes through. If you feel that it is worth it to do this, I suggest that you hurry to complete the necessary work and go ahead and do it. After all, the colleges don’t know the circumstances. It could have been that you were very ill, or that there was a death in the family.