Can I still transfer?

A little backstory: Last August, I was ready to transfer (and since I’ve been in Community College for quite a while), I figured I’d apply to a few CSUs that accepted Spring transfers. Additionally, Oct 1st, I applied to the more competitive CSUs just because I had the waiver. I figured none of them would really accept me, so when I received notice from CSUCI (and CSUF) that I had been accepted, I decided to transfer to CI to their Health Science program. Important to note: I’m interested in a career path in Public Health.

Yesterday, while I had packed up and moved out of my dorm at CI (due to Covid-19); I received an email from my dream school, Cal Poly SLO, that I had been accepted into their B.S. Public Health program. It was cathartic. However, then it hit me that I have been attending CI, with financial aid and student loans, all spring.

This bears the question: can I still transfer to CP come Fall?

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to transfer. Of course, you would need to finish the semester, unless CI cancelled your classes because of the apocalypse :slight_smile: Cal Poly SLO is going to want your spring transcripts once the semester is over. And, of course you’ll need to renew your FAFSA with the new school listed. You should be fine. Good luck!