Capstone Scholars Day

What is this day? Son received an email now a paper invite.

Thanks!

We just haven’t found a lot of details about it. We visited last week.

Usually it’s the Saturday in January that’s MLK weekend. It’s an all day event for applicants who qualify for the Honors College.

I’ll see if I can find the agenda or at least an old one.

http://scholarships.ua.edu/csd/

Is this worth going to? My son visited, met with an engineering professor and honors college. He also went on a different weekend and hung out with friends that are there. Will he learn anything different ? He know he loves the school and that’s why he applied. We’re in Illinois so it’s a long drive for a repeat of his other tour.

UA Capstone Scholars Day has a great scheduled day. Many OOS students also come for a scheduled day of other things on campus on Friday - scheduled through Honors College. DD and I learned things on every opportunity visiting campus. If interested at all in UA, and can make the trip, highly recommend it.

4 perch1024: We are also in IL, and just made one visit to UA before going to BamaBound orientation. Didn't go for any of the special days. Sure, if you can fit it in your schedule and have the travel budget, why not....fun place to visit.... But certainly NOT ESSENTIAL.

Just my two cents, because I agree with both #5 and #6 ^. If your kid is one who needs like-minded ‘scholars’ around them to feel part of a school for decision-making purposes, then you will want to attend. It is definitely not essential in my opinion to attend this event, because it IS essential to have a tailored visit to your student, not to a hoard. If you can do both in a single visit (attend Scholars AND have a personal visit arranged), so much the better.