Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My son was accepted with 26K scholarship. 3.97 GPA (4.33 weighted). 9 AP/honors classes and 2 additional college classes. Test optional. There are many on this thread with high test scores and high GPAs who were deferred. It is puzzling. I think for my son there were a few in his favor (in addition to a strong transcript with rigorous courses - although no more so than many who were deferred): his main ECs are significant commitment to and success in high powered rocketry (his hobby) and he is a strong, but not recruitable, athlete. He had other ECs too (in music/performing arts, has a job, etc.), but these I think are what made him stand out. He said his interview went very well too, but I don’t think they weight those much. And we are from the West coast, which means less competition than there is among high schoolers who have applied form the midwest. Who knows, though, why him and not other academically accomplished kids. I am just trying to make some sense of all of these impressive kids on this thread getting deferred.

9 Likes