Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Oh, I was just sharing stats of others for use as additional information. I applied EA. Sorry for confusion :sweat_smile: (Biology for major though)

No worries, I thought maybe 1 of the stats you reported was yours. Good luck to you.

Those stats are what I had in mind and are lining up with what I was thinking. However, CWRU only accepts 30% of applicants, so lots of kids could have stats that they feel good about and it may or may not work out for them there.

1 Like

Exactly Winky. So far this is what we are experiencing/seeing. The stats are there, but it is somehow not enough. Schools are all protecting their yield, Covid has has serious effect on these institutions with lack of predictability. Yet another unfortunate effect is that it is also harder for students to be sureā€¦virtually experiences donā€™t result in a lot of certainty for 17 year olds. Saddens me for all, that so many hardworking/talented young men and women are facing all of this at such an uncertain time in the world :frowning:

1 Like

Add to the issue that many schools wound up over enrolling last year because of Covid. That will play into acceptances this year. And, I believe more kids took gap years over the last 2 years, so that can skew things.

@bopper , do you know if CWRU overenrolled since the 2017-18 year? Thanks

2 Likes

Noā€¦look at the Waitlist numbers on the first post here

1 Like

Good to know! And some years there is a healthy chance to get off of the waitlist! Thank you

Agree wholeheartedly. It felt like a letter that should be sent to admitted students. I was bothered by it.

1 Like

FOR EA is the decision date still 12/21?

2 Likes

And any idea what time?

1 Like

Anyone elseā€™s portal down?

The page to the application tracker wonā€™t open. ā€œCanā€™t reach this pageā€

But I just tried again, and got in. Nothing looks different on D22ā€™s portal

1 Like

We never found that stat but assume BME and CS programs are pretty competitive. BME is probably one of the best in the nation. Cornell and Penn get ranked higher but anything Ivy probably gets ranked higher because they are ā€œIvyā€ We researched the CS program a few years back but my son chose RIT as he liked the program better, he wanted co-ops, and RIT had great student outcomes and big donations coming into the programs there.

Iā€™ve put 3 kids through the college process. Case certainly sends the most emails!

4 Likes

College Kickstart has the EA release date listed as 12/22 now, not 12/21. I do not see any notification online about this change and D22 says she has not gotten an email from CWRU. Anyone else heard anything?

My son hasnā€™t heard anything and his portal still shows ā€œanticipatedā€ decision notification date of 12/21. Perhaps theyā€™ll communicate something on Monday! Good luck!

2 Likes

Iā€™m dying to get her decision, she barely knows itā€™s coming this week. Good for her. 3 earlier acceptances have put her in a state of calm!

2 Likes

Well, to put a positive spin if the date does move: each day additional schools are releasing EDI decisionsā€¦and this gives these students a chance to withdraw their applications!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true. I wonder how quickly admissions scrambles to reassess?

Does CWRU allow students deferred from EA to switch to EDII if they so choose?

good questionā€¦