Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Hmm…signs don’t look positive for S22 tomorrow…

But maybe it’s opposite. Maybe we are deferred or something?

I can get into canvas too- I wouldn’t say it necessarily means anything though

Can see the canvas as well…I had to login and then accepts some terms and conditions to be able to see the canvas.

This is going to sound crazy, but as a parent waiting for my son’s EA decision tomorrow and reading these portal idiosyncrasies aloud…he was able to log into a case western email account for himself and send me an email from a case western student email account that is his initials and two digits @case.edu. “Auto login with portal credentials made it too easy,” he said. I’m telling him it does not mean anything and not to get too excited. (?)

I do think they got that CWRU email when they set up their portal. I vaguely remember that.

1 Like

Now what will be interesting is if anyting shows up in the e-mail Inbox at Case before the advertised 8 pm e-mail, lol…

1 Like

Agree…Probably could have accessed it since getting portal credentials…

Nope. D22 can’t access email either. I work in IT. Usually all these are services activated at one time, when SSO is activated. They won’t be typically individually turned on.

1 Like

What is SSO?

1 Like

single sign on…used by enterprises so one single account credential can be used for all services.

1 Like

Hmmm…I know this is a stupid question but are you sure you can access her portal ?

1 Like

Yes, and register for the “admitted student” event, which I suspect is not tied to SSO.

Still keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow. It does take time to activate SSO, depending on the order IT takes them up. Region, school name, first name…lots of different ways to process. Being able to get into canvas definitely a positive sign, because it costs money for each account.

1 Like

what is canvas? we dint see any of the above. we only see admission portal with the application checklist and a few links to upload materials

You may have just created a monster digital tea leaf…Especially if it can be confirmed tomorrow…Anyhow keeping fingers crossed for all of us. Hope you all can get some sleep . Teenagers seem to be made tougher for these kind of things these days…My daughter sleeps like a baby :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://login.case.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fcanvas.case.edu%2Flogin%2Fcas
canvas is one of those systems schools typically use to manage courses etc.

1 Like

On this topic, does anyone know how good case is with scholarships? We definitely need merit money to be able to afford case!!

And even if we get into Canvas, who is to say changes are not made? Last minute switches, etc. Kids who got into somewhere ED may just now be withdrawing an application. The email that came from CWRU even asked students to withdraw if this was their situation. Good luck to all. This is my 3rd kid going through this.

1 Like

Ha ha ha. Yes, kid seems to be ok with waiting till tomorrow. I am a nervous wreck.

2 Likes