Case Western Reserve Early Decision/Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Just found out I could use case network ID@case.edu to add a gmail account, sound promising.

Curious if your case network IDF works the same way.

1 Like

I have access to a Gmail account using [insert user ID]@case.edu too.

Case email accounts are Google Education accounts, so yes, I suspect its possible to technically get a gmail account.

Please tell me CWR doesnā€™t make yā€™all harass your children every time you want to get into their accounts?

Yes, adding CaseID@case.edu led to portal and now seems to be activated. Iā€™m not sure this has anything to do with admission though!

1 Like

Yeah I can login to the Case gmail and it shows that my account was created on Nov 2 (most likely when my application was processed). However, I cannot login to Canvas (it says that there is no account for ā€”). Does this most likely mean I was rejected as others can access Canvas?

I cannot access to my Case gmail but can log into canvas. :woman_shrugging:
Letā€™s just all finger crossed for tmr!!

My son cannot access Canvas through the link above even though it brings up his user ID. Probably a bad sign in the tea leaves.

Iā€™m only responding because next yearā€™s class may be able to parse through this dataā€¦ unless Case does first.

I donā€™t think Canvas has anything to do with acceptance. I clicked the link above and was able to get in even w/o login. Donā€™t think there would be any side indications on the acceptance before receiving the official notification, which is due tomorrow night. Good luck everyone and have a good night.

If you are already logged into the portal, you would not need to login again to get into canvas, if you have an account, because of SSO. If you open the above link in a ā€œprivateā€ or ā€œincognitoā€ mode, it will prompt you to login.

Hi I have access to both the gmail and canvas

I thought everyone got access to portal and email account by default after one submitted app and followed instructions to create case id as well as phrase password.

Remember they are in business of college admissions for long long time and it will be unlikely they will leave these holes/links open.

1 Like

Btw, I did withdraw my EA application last Friday after accepting ED at different place

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth - my son was just deferred at Tulane and I tried logging into Tulaneā€™s Canvas using his login information and was unable to do so. I also know that I was able to log in to his his University of Indiana Canvas after he was admitted there.

1 Like

Well friends, instead of reading tea leaves, Iā€™m going to focus in on my sweet, hardworking, overachieving kid, who may have a really hard time with all of this tomorrow. I appreciate the gaming fun and wish you all the best as you deal with decision time tomorrow :hugs:

8 Likes

actually nvm, i have access to my case gamil

Anyone got an EA decision yet?

they release the decision on 12/21 8pm eastern time

1 Like

Georgetown University has also been in the admissions business for a long time. Despite this, I was able to log into the admitted students portal 30 minutes before my acceptance, while others were unable to do so (they were subsequently deferred or denied).

soā€¦the theory is that if we cannot log into Canvas right now there is likely a rejection or deferral coming?