Catholic University 2025

I did not see a forum for Catholic University and I was wondering if anyone got their admissions letter yet. I submitted mid-October and still haven’t found out. If anyone has found out please feel free to post stats!

[quote=“coolcool2202, post:1, topic:2797806”]I did not see a forum for Catholic University
[/quote]

I did, so I moved the thread.

Early Action and Early Decision will be posted on the portal no later than December 15. Check your email this week for the exact date and time.

1 Like

EA and ED I decisions coming Monday Dec 14th at 7pm, according to an email my son received today.

Good luck all!

1 Like

My son was accepted to Catholic University tonight. He received a University Sholarship. Is this amount per year does anyone know?
He also got a parish scholarship for attending a Catholic high School. I do believe that is per year.

1 Like

I have the same question. The scholarship was an amount and did not specify per year.
Congrats!

1 Like

I was accepted tonight with the University Scholarship and the Parish Scholarship too, although I did not go to a catholic high school lol. The website says “four year scholarship” but doesn’t specify if its the amount per year or divided out through the four years so I’m not sure

1 Like

My D was accepted as well. I assumed the University Scholarship was per year. I hope so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations to everyone! My daughter accepted tonight as well. My oldest daughter graduated from CUA in 2018. Absolutely loved it. Merit scholarships are per year, as long as you keep a certain gpa. Parish scholarship also per year.

2 Likes

Glad to hear your dd loved it there! WE didn’t get to visit this one but got a good feeling from some virtual things. My dd would love to go to school in DC. We have a lot to consider thouigh.

1 Like

Hello! If you got into the honors program would that be listed in the portal or do you have to wait to get your official packet to find out?

It’s listed in the acceptance letter. It says “you have been accepted to the University Honors Program “ etc

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

Admission, scholarship, and Honors information was included in the portal. Scholarships (including the Parish Scholarship) are annual amounts, renewable for all four years.

Congratulations to all of the new Cardinals!

4 Likes

Thank you!

Question…If all financial aid documents are submitted and in order, when can we expect to hear about ‘need-based’ aid?

I had my heart set on attending here but I was deferred until regular decision ;( I have a 26 ACT and a strong GPA. Would it benefit me to apply early decision 2 or would I have the same chance as regular decision.
Another question, does anyone know if they take into consideration the personal essay for early action decisions or is it strictly a numbers thing this time around.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

STEM2017 - the need-based financial assistance review begins after we return in January, by which time the Board of Trustees will have approved our tuition and room and costs for 2021-2022.

Need-based awards - for those who have submitted the FAFSA and CSS Profile - will be mailed between January 25 and February 1.

Thank you!

Dear collegegirll1213,

These are great questions. First, we made final “deny” decisions to more of the early action pool than we did offer deferrals into the regular decision pool. So deferred students have a legitimate opportunity for admission. If Catholic University has emerged as your clear first choice, then moving to Early Decision II signifies this interest to the Committee on Admission.

Our review always considers the personal characteristics of each candidate, typically through the essays, recommendations, and activities. Academic preparation for the program you want to study is fundamental to the review; however, among students with similar academic credentials, the personal characteristics matter.

Finally, remember that we do not consider standardized test scores at all in the admission/scholarship process. Your first semester senior year performance will be an important factor in the next phase of the review of your application.

You may want to speak directly with your admission counselor, you can find the contact information here - Meet the Admission Staff - Undergraduate Admission - Catholic University of America, Washington, DC | CUA.

2 Likes

I was accepted, and was also invited into the Honors Program. Does anyone know if the “University Honors Scholarship” which I was awarded is contingent on remaining a member of the Honors Program? Thank you in advance.