Catholic University Class of 2024

Flutistmama,

Yes, that is absolutely correct. My child is applying now after only one semester at CUA with a first semester GPA of 3.914 and was was also invited to apply for the First Year Experience in Rome Summer Institute for 2020. The school is amazing!!

@AlfTupper , is it possible for a student who was invited to the Honors Program in EA and received an honors Scholarship to be reconsidered for the Presidential with the Regular decision admissions? Is there anything he or she can do to increase chances of being chosen? Basically its the only way my child would be able to attend CUA.

Do you mean the Archdiocesan Scholarship (we don’t have a Presidential Award)? From all of our admitted students, ultimately 30 will be nominated by the Committee on Scholarships for the Archdiocesan Scholarship. There are two rounds of nominations - after both the early and regular reviews.

If you look at my answer regarding the Honors Program selection and the competitiveness of that review, the Archdiocesan review is a next level of intensity. Certainly, a candidate from early who was considered, but not nominated, will be reviewed again with the other top candidates that emerge from the regular decision review. Since your student was invited into Honors, he/she certainly has a distinguished high school career. If there are any new awards or accolades that have been earned since the application was submitted, your student can share that with his/her admission counselor. Beyond that, there is nothing more that will be factored into the nomination process. Round two of nominations will be finalized around 3/15.

Out of 30 total nominations, after the faculty interview process, 10 scholarships will be awarded. We budget five enrollees per year.

If you have applied for need-based financial assistance, packages are being mailed on Monday and Tuesday of this coming week for those students who completed the need-based application process.

Any insight into when selection begins for Bishop O Connell scholarship?

@AlfTupper will the financial aid awards also be posted on Cardinal Station or sent by email?

Kk2370 - Since there is only one Father O’Connell Scholarship (for the Diocese of Trenton only), that review takes place after we complete the regular decision review. Finalists (typically four or five) will be notified around March 15 or a little later.

Flutistmama - the initial need-based awards are actually sent via US Mail. They should be visible in Cardinal Station within the week.

@AlfTupper Have the packages been mailed already? It took me 2 weeks to get my admissions packet in the mail and I live 30 miles from the school.

@Flutistmama Yes, the financial aid packages were mailed. My daughter received it yesterday. We are on Long Island.

Flutistmama - we mailed the financial aid packages between last Friday and Tuesday of this week.

@Lastone2020 Once again, I am in Maryland and we received nothing. I guess we will get it in the next few weeks. I just really wished that the online system posting corresponded with mailings so that things like a crappy post office or your last name would not put you two weeks behind in knowing information.

Thanks for the updates.

We just got the FA package in the mail today. We are in MA.

I talked to the FA department today and they said they sent out some on Monday and some more will be sent out next Monday and the Monday after that until March. I told them that she was early action and they said well it may go out on Monday. They could not provide any other information. I don’t understand the point of going through the stress of applying early action and getting documents filled out early.

We got zero financial aid (as expected) so maybe those go out first!

Flutistmama - if you want to send me a private message with your daughter’s name, I’ll do some research on the reasons for a delay.

When will regular decisions be mailed out? or are they done online? @AlfTupper

The best estimate right now is no later than March 10. Decisions will go live on the Admission Portal on the same day that the admit packages leave the office. Students will receive an email when the exact date is set.

Attended the honors program presentation and dinner this past Friday night and the Cardinal Preview day yesterday and have to say I’m impressed. It has moved up the list based on the incredible faculty and staff presentations.

1 Like

@AlfTupper Are we still looking at March 10? Today the portal forced a password change.

We got a note saying decisions would be released March 6th after 7pm?

Yes - decisions will be available through the Admission portal at 7:00 p.m. eastern time on Friday, March 6.