CBH Application and Scores

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>D has been accepted to UA and we toured this summer and spoke with several advisers and Dr. Sharpe. D has since decided CBH will be her goal. Since she hasn’t put in her honors application yet, we cannot see the CBH application but were wondering if we should go ahead and send in her AP scores and subject tests? She performed well on them and on her ACT. Her SAT 1 was o.k. but the ACT looks better. Advice??? If she does make it into CBH, this will be her number 1 choice!</p>

<p>My freshman D is in Cbh. I would focus on getting the honors application in, so that the cbh invite to apply is offered. There is time to post AP’s later. They will post pretty fast once sent. If she designates UA to receive scores at the time of any tests this year, she will get get a free score sent. Otherwise, you have to pay for the scores and might as well make sure she plans to attend. I can’t remember, but perhaps someone else will chime in, if there is a place to report which AP’s you took on either the Honors application or the cbh one. Also, my daughter was pulled in off the cbh reserve pool very late, so it could not have been the deciding factor on whether or not she attended UA. She had pretty great stats, etc., too. I know that some students will know sooner, however, you can’t really bank on that. It was a complete surprise that our D was pulled in and we like to say, “the icing on the cake”. UA is the only school she applied to and is the perfect fit. Getting into cbh just made it more perfect!</p>

<p>Subject tests were not mandatory last year. My D did not take any. She only took the SAT and ACT. Her AP scores were not sent until after she decided where to attend but they were on her resume. </p>

<p>I agree with MM2 - get the honors application in. It will take no more than 10 minutes. Don’t worry about AP scores and subject tests at this point. My D is a junior who got into CBH from the reserve pool. She didn’t find out until late May when she was at Bama Bound. I know at least 7 kids in her year who came out of the reserve pool, and if I know that many, there are probably more. Fortunately, getting into CBH wasn’t an important part of her admissions decision, so it was just a happy surprise.</p>

<p>@ beth’s mom How does she like it in CBH? Has she enjoyed the research part of it?</p>

<p>There are many different opportunities the students can be involved in. DS applied for university fellows (UFE), but was not accepted. He later applied for Emerging Scholars and was accepted. This also is a research opportunity. When one door closes, another opens!!</p>

<p>Saismom, she likes CBH and she’s happy to have the opportunity to participate, but it isn’t her main focus. She has liked the two profs with whom she’s done her research projects.</p>

<p>Saismom- My DD is also a junior in CBH. Her career goal is research and the program has been great for her. As a CBH participant your DD can make it a very large part of her experience or less depending on her goals/desires. Whether she decides to make it a large part or a supplement to her experience, she will be happy that she was part of this amazing experience!</p>

<p>Poor DS he’s spent more time agonizing over this essay than on anything else so far. He finally just decided to put the current draft away for a week and come back to it. He goes back and forth between thinking it’s personable to too personal and informal. </p>

<p>Glad my college days are over!</p>

<p>Good luck to your DS, @Tam1233‌!</p>

<p>^ So true, #5, above: when 1 door closes, another can certainly open, at UA.</p>