Honors college app and cbhp app

<p>It looks like the honors college app is due Dec 1st but the CBHP isn’t due until the 10th. My dd thinks that it looks like one application. Can she submit the honors and then go back and complete the CBHP apps essay? Thanks in advance for the answer!</p>

<p>I’m not sure that’s why I had my DS do them at the same time. The good thing was that it doesn’t take long for them to accept them into honors after they apply. He finally got the CBH essay done last week and was admitted to honors this week.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes - at least you could last year.</p>

<p>My daughter submitted them separately last year also.</p>

<p>The scholarship app is due Dec 1; are you sure that the Honors College app is due then?</p>

<p>I thought the Honors College app is due Feb 1st. or has that changed?</p>

<p>My D did them at least a month apart last year.</p>

<p>Initially they were both due at the same time, but they postponed the CBH application till 12/10. You will notice that for the CBH portion, in addition to the essay they let you upload your resume.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure Honors is Dec 1st, CBH is Dec 10th and UFE is Dec 14th.</p>

<p>Thanks - amazingly enough my dd got all of it done last night - but she has not attached her resume. She has an “activities” sheet that lists all her EC’s, Awards and leadership positions but doesn’t have anything about grades or test scores - is that what they want? She has never had to attach a resume. Is there a certain format that she can copy if that is not what they want?</p>

<p>I never saw a dec 1 deadline for honors, only the 12/10 deadline for CBHP. S is actually done with the CBHP essay, but not the regular honors essay. Where did you see that? If that’s the case, he better get home and get to work!</p>

<p>My sons resume lists work experience, sports clubs activities, research, and summer programs.</p>

<p>I can’t find a deadline for the Honors college itself, but there is a December 1 deadline to Alabama itself in order to be eligible for the really generous scholarships. I am assuming your son is ok with that as I don’t think he would have access to the other apps if he had not yet been admitted. I know a nat merit kid who is a current freshman that I know did not apply to the honors college by dec 1. He knew that when he made finalist, it was an auto admit to Honors, so he never did the paperwork</p>

<p>Maybe I’m wrong about the Dec 1st Honors deadline… I know the CBH is Dec 14th. I’m probably getting confused with all the essays and stuff. I’ll be glad when this is over.:slight_smile: Of course I have 2 younger sons…</p>

<p>I’m a bit confused about the scholarship app for 'Bama—should my son still apply if he has a 31 ACT and only a 3.3 GPA? I realize that he misses the GPA cutoff for the major awards (Presidential, Academic Elite, Scholars, etc.), but does the school offer smaller amounts for a student with his stats if he gets the app submitted by today’s deadline?</p>

<p>I don’t know. But considering kick off is about to happen, I don’t know that you will get a response in time. Have him do it just in case.</p>

<p>Ok thank you…he did get it in just a while ago.</p>

<p>kelijake - Are you sure that’s his GPA? Remember that colleges only use certain classes when figuring GPA so his GPA could be higher than 3.3 . </p>

<p>Also under the FAQ I found this:</p>

<p>What is the typical test score and GPA an entering freshman would need to have in order to be considered for scholarships?
Generally for scholarship consideration, an entering freshman with an ACT of 24 or SAT of 1090 (critical reading and math) and a cumulative 3.0 GPA will be reviewed.</p>

<p>kelijake…while your son may not get one of the “assured merit scholarships,” he likely will get a scholarship award in the spring.</p>

<p>Bama uses ALL classes when figuring GPA. Is that his weighted GPA for all classes (including PE, art, religion, or anything else?)</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the info guys.</p>

<p>Yes, I am fairly certain that if 'Bama is only taking the grades through six semesters (and not the senior year first semester, when he has all As, naturally!) then the 3.3 is accurate for weighted. He had a rough sophomore year—long story—but it wreaked havoc on his GPA.</p>

<p>Even tho Bama only counts the frosh thru jr grades, I would send in a mid-year transcript to show the A’s and the higher GPA. Can’t hurt.</p>

<p>Yes, I agree, mom2collegekids…can’t hurt. Will do.</p>