Chance for UW Madison

<p>I am planning on applying to Madison in fall and am wondering what you all think!</p>

<p>White female from Minnesota
3.738 Unweighted GPA
4.39 Weighted GPA
29 on the ACT - 28 on English, 27 on Math, 35 on Reading, 25 on Science)
*12 on the Writing portion
7 AP courses - One 1, One 3, Four 4's, 1 Five
Lots of volunteer and leadership work (including tutoring peers and elementary school kids)
Board member of two different student organizations
Part time job
Dedication to this school - I want to go here more than words can possibly describe. </p>

<p>I will be taking two CIS (College in the Schools) classes through my school with the U of M Twin Cities and three more AP courses while increasing volunteering time. </p>

<p>What do you think? I really appreciate any insight as I am quite anxious about knowing my standing. </p>

<p>Thank you for reading and have a great day!</p>

<p>Good chance.</p>

<p>I just finished my senior year and I’m going to Madison in the fall. I had similar stats as you, however, I would try and get up that ACT score. I don’t think yours will be detrimental to your application, but even just a couple points, and you’re in the 30’s, which just has so much more impact! Also, use your enthusiasm to go there to your advantage. Show that you want to go there for a good reason in your college essays, and it will go a long ways when the admissions counselor sees it! Good luck! </p>

<p>Thank you both for your input! I am retaking the ACT is September and am studying frequently. </p>