Chance International for Computer Science at Virginia Tech? Will chance back.

Hey guys, please chance me for Computer Science/ Engineering at VT?

Academic Stuff -
ACT: 33 (E:33 M:35 R:31 S:32) 10 Essay
GPA: 3.65 (A couple of C’s in junior year and a bunch of B’s in freshman year, all A’s in Sophomore and Senior Year)

Financial Aid not required.

Extra Curricular’s:

1. iPhone Game with 5k downloads
  2. Trinity Guildhall Guitar Grade 3
  3. Vice President, Students Council
  4. President, Environment Club
  5. Won a ton of inter-school computer science competitions

Another question, if I get a solid score on my SAT Subject Tests, will it make a difference?
Thanks in advance!

bump

Your ACT scores appear acceptable but your GPA may be low. Did you take any AP/honors courses? Did you take the most rigorous high school classes that included chemistry, physics, calculus?

Thanks for the response @rjldm25 !
Alright, so,
Here in India there are no honors/AP classes.
Upto Sophomore year everyone has the same subjects.
Then you have to chose 5/6 subjects and you gotta study them in junior and senior year.
But yeah, compared to AP Exams, my school is much tougher, I would say.
I don’t have chemistry in Junior and Senior year, but I do have Math, Physics and Computer Science.
And also, I will be applying Early Decision.
Is being an international a perk at VT?
From what I have heard its less competitive for internationals.

I was hoping someone from India would be able to answer your question. I don’t have any idea how you stack up against other International students. But good luck.

As far as my teachers told me, Virginia Tech does not put much emphasis on Extracurriculars as much as other schools. Also, engineering in VT generally requires a GPA about 4.2. I think you should try the SAT. Even if you do not make it to the Engineering program, I think you have a good shot at Universal Studies, which will let you transfer to Engineering sophmore year.