Chance me for admission

Will you please chance me for admission? Also please don’t be rude.
I have a roughly 3.95 uw gpa and a 4.4 weighted gpa. I am from a small rural high school in Illinois. I am ranked 2/75 in my class. My act score is 31 composite, 33 math, 33 English, 31 science, 27 reading. I have 0 APs as my school does not offer any. I will graduate with about 15 college credits with a 4.0 college gpa from my local community college. I am heavily involved in sports and other extracurriculars. My leadership positions are student council president, NHS VP, and journalism business manager. I have a good amount of volunteer hours. My essays were decent, not bad but not spectacular. I have a letter of recommendation from my chemistry/physics teacher. I am a white male if that matters. I applied in early October for first notification. I have yet to hear and I was just wondering my chances.

Pretty solid chance I must say. However if your essays are weak (keyword “if”), that might hurt your changes a bit. Hopefully you worked on them enough.

But apart from that I think you’re a pretty all-around solid applicant.

31 ACT, 3.95 UW GPA, 2/75 - Yes, you have a likely chance for admission.

Agreed, solid out of state applicant. Helps, I suspect, that are not another suburban Chicago kid, as there are many many suburban Chicago kids with similar stats so being a small, rural high school student will be a different “flavor” of OOS.

Be patient, and hang in there. It is possible that the decision could be “postponed” and that you will not hear a yes/no until later in the spring. Make sure you have other apps out the door in case you don’t hear for some time.

Good luck, and hang in there (from a current UW OOS parent).

Thanks for the input. My friend was also wondering her chances. She has virtually the same extracurriculars and leadership positions along with volunteering. The only differences are she has great essays, a 4.0 uw gpa and a 26 act score. She also is ranked 1/75. She is also a first notification applicant. Could you please chance her as well?

Well, a 26 ACT is in the bottom quartile for admitted students (while yours is in the top quartile). It is hard to predict if she will be admitted by January 31, or postponed.