Chance me for UCs?

Stats:
Asian female, in state at a highly competitive public school (in the Bay Area, we have a lot of Asians here).

Test Scores:
ACT - 33; no SAT

UC GPA:
unweighted: 3.66
weighted: 3.87
weighted & capped: 3.87

Extracurriculars:
Main ones are water polo, swim team, and tutoring at Boys and Girls Club.

Awards/honors:
All-league honorable mention award by my athletic league for water polo

Majors and I applied for:
Davis - biological systems engineering
Irvine - information and computer sciences/undeclared
Riverside - computer science with business applications
San Diego - mathematics/applied science
Santa Barbara - undeclared (letters and science)
Santa Cruz - undeclared (engineering and computing)
I didn’t apply to Berkeley, LA, or Merced

Also, I know I titled this discussion “Chance me for UCs”, but if anyone has information about Pepperdine or University of Washington please let me know!
my GPA:
unweighted (cumulative from 9th to 11th grade): 3.658
I’ve taken 4 APs in the past and am currently taking 1.
For Pepperdine, I applied under computer science/math.
For UW, I applied under earth and space sciences.

The majors are a little random, but when I was applying I went to a counselor and he advised me to apply under those ones.

Feel free to be brutally honest, after all there’s nothing I can do about it at this point. Thanks!!

Do you have interest in all these different majors? Switching majors at some of the schools can be problematic, so make sure before you commit you are sure you want pursue these majors or at least be informed out the chances of switching majors.

You have a competitive ACT score but your UC GPA will hurt you at some of the UC’s like UCSB/UCD and UCSD.
You definitely have a chance at all the UC’s on your list. I will come down to how your EC’s and essays are received.

Freshman admits with UC GPA of 3.80-4.19
UCB: 12%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 39%
UCSB: 49%
UCD: 52%
UCI: 57%
UCSC: 83%
UCR: 90%
UCM: 92%

UCSC: Solid Match
UCI: Match
UCSB/UCD: High Match
UCSD: High Match-Low Reach

To answer your question, I want to do something with engineering or computer science, but don’t know what I want to focus on specifically in those fields.

UCD and UCSD admissions just came out today, and I got into UCD, but rejected from UCSD, so you were pretty spot on with your predictions. Hopefully I’ll get into the other UCs!

Thanks for your response! :slight_smile:

Best of luck on your other admission decisions and congratulations on UCD. My older son just loves Davis.