Chance me for UCSB? IMPORTANT*

Hi! I’m currently a senior who is nervous about college decisions. UCSB is currently my top choice. I’m very nervous bc decisions come out tomorrow. I’ve also been waitlisted at UCD and UCSC, and also rejected from UCSD. I know UCSB is a little different in that they consider 50% test scores and 50% activities/essays and don’t consider your majror in admissions. I believe I have strong essays/activities but am lacking in my ACT score. Please chance me for UCSB so I’m not as nervous for tmrw!

Background Info

Female/Asian/Hispanic
Upper Middle/Middle Class income
very competitive school (ranked 2nd in county, top 50 in california)

Major: Physiology

ACT: 28 (ik this is kinda low for UCs :frowning: but i took it twice and got the same score so)

UC GPA: Uncapped/weighted: 4.45, Weighted/Capped: 4.18, Unweighted: 3.82

Grades*
During first semester of sophomore year, I had almost straight B’s due to difficulties at home. However, I managed to get straight A’s for second semester sophomore year and all of junior year (mentioned this in the additional comments section).

APs

Biology (4), Chemistry (3), Microeconomics, Government and Politics, English Language, French Language

(Besides AP’s I have taken 8 honors classes)

EC’s/Work/Volunteering/Awards

Girls Lacrosse (varsity, MVP, captain, JV, athletic awards), Rock Climbing, Academic Decathlon (competed at regionals as a junior team member), Fashion Club (Co-Pres), French Club, Yearbook (on leadership board as business manager), Babysitting, Chem/French/English tutor for local company, helped remodel a house during the summer as a paid job, National Honor Society, French National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, California Scholarship Federation (sealbearer/highest honors), Volunteering at YMCA (165+ Hours), Volunteering at local library (20+ Hours)

Essays

I’d say 9/10, all are very personal and show growth/things that are important to me. I worked on them for months and had lots of peer edits so they are well polished and I’d say my best work.

Essay #1 talks about being captain of the lax team/finding my voice
Essay #2 talks about my love for cooking/connecting with my culture
Essay #3 talks about starting an annual fashion show in my community
Essay #4 talks about intrinsic motivation/personal growth

Chancing you at this point is moot. Decisions come out today and it will not change anything on your application.

Just remember where you go for Undergrad will not define you, it is what you do with opportunities you are given that will make you successful.

Best of luck and hopefully you have a couple safeties that have accepted you.