Chance me for VirgIndia Tech Engineering

I’ve been pretty set on going to Virginia tech since I was 12 years old. I’m applying for this fall with engineering as my first choice and university studies as my second choice. I really would like to get in to engineering however I don’t mind taking the route with university studies and then switching later. Here are my stats:

WGPA: 4.004 (doesn’t include senior year) SAT: 1330/1600 670 math 660 CR
AP classes I have taken/currently taking:
AP World History, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1, AP Lang, AP Computer Science, AP Literature, AP Physics C, AP Calculus BC, and AP Physics 2 (only girl in my school who takes that class)

Sports/Extracurricular Activities: Outdoor Track (9th and 10th) Indoor Track (10th) National Honor Society (10th, 11th, 12th) Science Honor Society (10th 11th, 12th) (Officer this year) Photography Club (9th, 10th, 12th) UNICEF (11th, 12th) Indian Student Association (12th) Virginia Space Coast Scholars Online Course (10th) Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology online course and Summer Academy (11th)

My essays are very unique and I’m also getting a letter of recommendation from my physics teacher whom I’ve had for 2 years.

I am applying Early Decision. Thanks!

**Virginia Tech

You appear to be an excellent candidate for admission.

You look like a very strong candidate. VT Admissions favors students who take a challenging course load. AP Physics, Chemistry and Calculus definitely are discriminators for Engineering. Your GPA and SAT scores are excellent. I would suggest rethinking the letter of recommendation. I recall the Director of Admissions telling us that letters of recommendation were not encouraged or welcome. If the application specifically states not to send a letter of recommendation, then I would follow the directions. Best of luck to you.

you seem like a good candidate! just in case you didn’t know, an admissions rep told me last week on a visit that if you apply ED to a restricted major and do not get in, you are not automatically considered for your second choice- you get deferred and are considered for it regular decision a few months later, no matter how qualified you are for university studies. I’m in the same boat as you and wish I had known sooner.