Chance Me/Match Me - Vanderbilt , Emory (4.0/34 for pre-med)

I’m hoping that @raja1974 will clarify exactly what his parents can and will pay annually for his undergrad college. Once that is clarified, we hopefully stop discussing affordability.

I will add…I agree that this is a very very reachy list. As long as you will be happy to attend UAB or UGA if those are your only acceptances, then you can apply to all of those reach schools if you want to.

You DO have sure things school in UGA and UAB. But even so, I would suggest you read the thread I’m about to link. It’s on the older side, but really is a must read for students who are applying to elite schools only (and yes, I do know you have UAB on your list…but everything else is a reach. Your thread reads like you really aren’t thrilled with UAB or UGA…but good that you have those. The student in this thread was a very tippy top student, NMF, excellent ECs, etc. No one expected he would be rejected everywhere…but that’s what happened.

I’m pointing you in this direction because I really think you need to know that acceptance to these reach schools is a crap shoot for just about everyone applying. If you don’t get accepted or do…you will never know why.

1 Like