Chance me please- miami #1 choice

<p>would apply EA to miami
going into junior year but this is projected as of next summer:</p>

<p>3.25 GPA (big upward trend)-2.8 freshman, 3.17 soph, 3.8 junior)
completed AP government
Honors Modern fiction, honors american lit
Honors Business
Honors US 2</p>

<p>Sats about 2050/2400</p>

<p>Camp Counselor job 2 years, preceded by 1 year as a counselor in training
Official "big brother" in Big Brother Program
Deca Member
Worked as Assistant in my mom's real estate office for about a year.
rec basketball all 4 years of highschool
Founder of Schools "ebay" club during junior year.</p>

<p>Looking to get into UM for something like business, (marketing, management, finance) or Communications (broadcast journalism, film production, media management)</p>

<p>What are your reading and math scores broken out? Class rank?</p>

<p>class doesnt rank except for valedictorian, SATs are</p>

<p>700 Math 680 Reading 670 writing (Practice test scores)</p>

<p>The GPA is lowish, but the upward trend helps. I’m going on a hunch that you’d get in.</p>

<p>If you have a reason for your performance during your first two years of high school, be sure to address them and maybe write your essay on it and explain how it changed you and now you’re more of a confident, focused, and an individual who wants to succeed in everything they do.</p>

<p>Your SAT is right in the ball park for Miami, the average hovers around a 1300+, but your weighted GPA is pretty far below the average 4.2 W. However, most of my friends had about 3.9W-4.2W and most were on some form of merit scholarship. I’ve had friends in the past with higher GPAs but SAT scores of like 1250 SAT/ 27 ACT get deferred, wait-listed and taken off of the wait-list around April. Of course, I would not be surprised if that is going to be your case. </p>

<p>Would you mind to tell us what state you’re applying from and the reputation of your current school (private/public; well known or not really). I know kids from pretty hard, renowned private schools in Philadelphia and New York City who get in with like 3.0 GPAs and similar SATs. And depending on where you hail from, you may be a good asset to Miami in terms of geography. However, Miami attracts a lot of individuals from the tri-state area, so competition for those applying from NY/NJ/CT is getting harder and harder every year, same with Boston and other areas of Mass./ Pennsylvania. </p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>top 10 public High School in New Jersey,</p>

<p>Apply EA to increase your chances.</p>

<p>New Jersey is a very competitive state for applicants since there are so many applicants from the tri-state area. Some of my friends from NJ had 3.8 GPA, 1320-1380 SATs, good extracurriculars, but then again, there on the 10k scholarship. Apply EA so worse comes to worse you’ll be deferred first.</p>