CHANCE ME PLEASE!! - postponed

<p>Hi I am a senior from New York State, Wisconsin is my number 1 and I want to be chanced. My decision was postponed, my guidance counselor was very shocked by this these are my credentials:
SAT - 1860 (600 reading, 690 math, 570 writing)
GPA (my school only does weighted) - 3.95
I am a full IB student
Captain of my varsity volleyball team that has won back to back sectional championships
President of Y2Y and Green Club
I volunteer at a nursing home
I ran my schools blood drive that broke the record for blood donated
I work at a place that runs kids birthday parties (like laser tag, karaoke)
I am in National and Spanish Honor Society </p>

<p>Please tell me if I have a good chance in being admitted </p>

<p>Also if my grades slip a little how much will that affect the decision (i am getting a lot of Bs right now as opposed to my As with one or two Bs) </p>

<p>Hard to tell the impact of slipping grades because Wisconsin only considers unweighted. Meaning, is your unweighted GPA a 3.5? 3.3? Lower?</p>

<p>SAT 1860 is about ACT 28. This is a mid-range score.</p>

<p>You will find out by the end of March. I know it is hard to be patient, try your best to push the grades back up.</p>

<p>You can easily calculate your unweighted gpa.</p>

<p>my unweighted GPA is about a 3.65</p>

<p>Puts you in a large pool of applicants. You’ll just have to wait until spring to find out. Getting B’s will not help you.</p>

<p>I was postponed too! I have a 3.8 GPA, 1960 SAT and 29 ACT, 4 year debate club, 5 AP classes! I wasn’t expecting to be posponed! Wisconsin is my top as well! Good luck!</p>

<p>I am a admitted senior and living in Wisconsin I have heard many UW admissions scenarios/stories. For example, I know of somebody a few years back with a 31 ACT and near 4.0 gpa who was denied, but had nearly no ECs. On the other hand, my cousin got in last year with only a 24 ACT but had a 3.95 gpa, top 10, and was extremely involved in sports (2 varsity captains). First of all, your SAT score like others said is right in the middle of a typical accepted applicant. Your GPA might be hurting you, acadmeics is a really important part of your application. Having a 3.65 UW GPA is below average for Wisconsin, and seeing as how most people who apply already have a somewhat rigorous schedule means having hard classes and a higher Weighted GPA doesnt help much. This will help you most of all I think though… UW Madison does Mid year grade checkups for a lot of postponed applicants, if you are not pulling all or mostly As when they check that will hurt you a lot. Fight for your grades and finish this semester out as strong as you can. Do whatever is in your power to get your current grades up even if it means focusing a lot less on other commitments. If your semester ends like mine you have about 4 school weeks left to do so. Best of luck and if you have any other question to ask an accepted senior from Wisconsin who goes to a UW- Madison crazy high school feel free to ask!</p>

<p>@wannabeabadger‌ What’s your actual IB Score (out of 42)?</p>

<p>@anxious00 i dont take my tests until may and wont know my score until july!</p>

<p>@wannabeabadger‌ How did you compute your GPA? You must have your IB first year scores, right? How was this conversion from IB to GPA done? Is there a formula for this? Like, 7 = A+, 6 = A, etc?</p>

<p>i havent taken any ib tests yet all of mine are taken in may of 2015 and i get my scores july of 2015 </p>

<p>the 3.97 in on a 4.5 scale not a 5.0 !</p>