Chance Me Please!

I am going to be a senior in high school next year so that means I will be applying for colleges! I really wanted to go to UW Madison, but I’m really worried based on my ACT score! Here’s some stats
ACT- 26
ACT Writing- 30
GPA- 3.88
I am a Wisconsin resident. I’ve had a job throughout high school (not sure if that matters). I’m also involved in a lot of clubs, including NHS, and I have had been the VP for two years in a club and will be the President next year. My schedule has been very rigorous and I will have taken 4 years of foreign language. I have taken a lot of the honors classes and have gotten A’s or B+'s in them. Also I took AP Lang and AP Gov (didn’t get the scores yet). I am in the top 10% of my class and have achieved high honors every year.

Let me know if you hace any questions or need any more information/stats!

Can you retake the ACT in September or October and study between now and then?

Yep! I am retaking it in September. If I can get my ACT up to around a 27 or 28 what do you think my chances are?

See if you can get it higher. Practice, practice, practice, practice practice.

You should shoot for at least 30

These tests seem to be more about who can focus and practice than anything else.

The middle 50 percentile range of accepted students is ACT 27-31.

About 70% of Wisconsin residents who apply as incoming freshmen are accepted.

I think you’ll get in :slight_smile: Take a few more AP classes next year (2-4), get that ACT up and you’ll be a lot stronger.