Chance me plz for UW-Madison

Please chance me for UW-Madison engineering. I am an US citizen.
Major: Computer Engineering
SAT 1: 2100(Math-690, CR-700, Writing-710)…(ya i know the math score is a bit low. Dont know how it happened though. I expected atleast 750, but probably made some silly mistakes…4 sums wrong(1 easy, 1 medium, and 2 hard level question))
SAT 2: Math level 2-770, Physics-780, Chemistry-800
AP’s: ( AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C, AP Computer Science, AP Chemistry)…will give these exams next May.
GPA: 4.0
Class rank-1 (Our school has three sections: Regular, Pre-Advanced, and Advanced. I topped the Advanced group, but we only have 16 people in our group.)
EC:s : House captain in school for two years
: Co-authored a research paper on computational biology in an international journal
: Member of the Robotics club since Middle School(won a national level competition in middle school)
:Published a review paper on Altruism in a science magazine for high school students
: Ranked in Cyber Olympiad, Science Olympiad, and English Olympiad
: 300+ hours volunteering, and community service

Many other EC’s(too many to list)…but no athletics EC’s…

p.s- I have already got offers from OSU, and Purdue(west lafayette). But UW-Madison is my top choice.

You seem qualified.

Can I ask - do you have a budget? (Don’t plan on receiving any financial aid from UW-Madison).

You likely will get in. Remember you are admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of proposed major. You are also unlikely to get any merit aid. Be sure your parents can finance things.

My son’s first choice is UW-Madison. Do you think he has a chance…

GPA 3.95 (about #28 in class of 250)
SAT 2140
9 AP’s, many honors. Always took hardest classes offered.
EC’s: Captain of swim team, treasurer of Model UN, leads community discussion group on foreign affairs, manager of girls’ swim team, many volunteer hours, National Honor Society.

Thanks!

Oh, and we are OOS.

My above posts are directed @wis75 and @Madison85. Thank you!

Looks likely to me. Hope your son doesn’t slack off like my son did senior year! Hope you both get in and the Honors program in L&S is fantastic.

@Madison85: Why shouldn’t UW-Madison offer any scholarship? Is it my poor stats, or is the university generally averse to giving financial aids? And what about my chances in the Honor Program?

above question is also directed at @wis75.

Your stats aren’t " poor ". UW-Madison is a public university with a mission to educate residents of Wisconsin.

You are not a Wisconsin resident. Why should the hard-working Wisconsin taxpayers essentially give you their money in the form of a scholarship? It’s just not going to happen.

UW-Madison gives virtually no merit scholarships to anyone. Some students complete a lengthy scholarship application and a small percentage receive maybe $500 to $2000 (non-renewable). This money comes from private donors.

Can you pay $45,000-$50,000 per year for 4 to 5 years?

@Madison85: Well that is depressing, because without atleast 50% scholarship, I will not be able to attend. FAFSA may cover some of it, but it wont be enough…I might have taken a loan, bt i dont think i can get anyone to co-sign…In that case, do you think I am better off going to Purdue or OSU(columbus), for engineering?

Have you tried the Net Price Calculator for any if the schools you have applied to?

How much in US dollars can you spend each year for 5 years for college?

Here is an example for someone who has a FAFSA EFC of $0:

[Quote=NetPriceCalculator]
Estimated Need Calculation for 2015-2016
Cost of Attendance (COA) $46,325.00
Expected Family Contribution (EFC) ? - $0.00
Total Need: ? $46,325.00

Estimated Eligibility for Grants (Gift Aid) for 2015-2016
Pell Grant ?: $5,775.00
Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant ?: $800.00
Bucky Grant ?: $1,000.00
UW-Madison Initiative Grant ?: $1,000.00
UW-Madison Non-Resident Grant ?: $3,000.00
Total Estimated Grants: $11,575.00

Estimated Net Price Summary for 2015-2016
Cost of Attendance (COA) $46,325.00
Total Estimated Grant Aid - $11,575.00
Estimated Net Price ? $34,750.00

Estimated Eligibility for Other Aid (Self-Help) for 2015-2016
Federal Work-Study ?: $2,300.00
Subsidized Direct Loan ?: $3,500.00
Unsubsidized Direct Loan ?: $2,000.00
Total Estimated Other Aid: $7,800.00

Estimated Remaining Cost for 2015-2016
Estimated Net Price $34,750.00
Estimated Other Aid - $7,800.00
Estimated Remaining Cost ? $26,950.00

Do you have an estimate of your FAFSA EFC?

If so, then try UW-Madison’s Net Price Calculator:

https://finaid.wisc.edu/award-estimator.php

Go to this link:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/1678964-links-to-popular-threads-on-scholarships-and-lower-cost-colleges.html#latest

Look for the link to schools that cost less than $25k per year.

You can also explore the scholarship link.

If you qualify, you can apply for this UW-Madison scholarship.

http://provost.wisc.edu/csp.htm

https://www.uwplatt.edu/ems

This school is only $26k per year for non-Wisconsin residents. Does it have the engineering major you prefer?

@Madison85: thanks for all that advice. I will certainly see into it…Yes I have seen the net price calculator for the schools I applied. Meanwhile, is it possible to get part-time jobs at UW-Madison, to cover some of the expenses… ?Bcoz I dont think my folks will be able to spend more than 25000-30000 k/yr.

@wis75. Thank you!

Ditto post # 7. Unlike some flagships UW does not need to attract top students with merit aid. Figure out the cost of attending UW, likely need based aid and figure out the amount that is affordable. Consider affordability without a job during the school year as you are likely to have time heavy classes. There are many, many students who do not attend their dream schools for financial reasons. Wisconsin residents are lucky to have a stellar flagship- paid for in part by high state taxes!