Chance me TAMU - Mays business school [TX resident, 3.6 GPA, top 19% rank, 1370 SAT]

In state student

Want Mays as my first choice but will put communications as second
class rank 204/1090 (18.7%) — Very competitive high school, 4000 total students

GPA: 4.46 (5.0 scale) Unweighted 3.6

SAT: 1370 (670 Math, 700 EVBRW)

4AP Classes, 11 DC Classes (33 hours), 8 honors courses, and two business courses taken.

Soccer at HS all 4 years, NHS Member, Model UN, Personal Student Awards and sports awards, Pickleball Club, Interact Club (volunteer events). school leadership awards, Club Soccer (and team captain), Job working at my church (2+ years) and another job as a soccer referee, Camp Counselor, ran my own food drive, been on mission trip, run bible studies with youth at church

1 Like

@Andrew8 going to be honest, Mays could be a stretch. To be safe-with your rank-you’d need 1440+, based on last years Mays admission.
You definitely won’t hear anytime soon, and Mays could easily be full by the end of October/early November.
Any chance you could submit application, and retake ACT and/or SAT in September? A 33/1450 would help your chances greatly!

1 Like

You’re not top 10%. It’s a reach.

1 Like

I could in September, so would my best bet be to apply now and then add that SAT score (if better) once I get it?

I would. Your current rank and scores won’t get you into Mays.

Or A&M period most likely. Not impossible. The last CDS is a few years old and shows 60% in the top 10%. It’s possible but it’s a reach - admission overall. Don’t apply just to A&M.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.