Chance me? Thanks!

<p>Currently a junior. My counselor recommended me University of Wisconsin since barely anyone from my school really applies there.. it's an international school some people probably don't even know that Wisconsin is a state. I'm a US citizen though, so I don't think that I'm part of the international student quota. </p>

<p>UW GPA: 3.38
APs: AP Lang, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics
Senior Course load: AP Psych, AP Comparative Gov't, AP Literature, AP Environmental Science (the rest are general classes since we don't have an honors class system)</p>

<p>SAT: Superscore - 2070/2400 </p>

<p>ECs:
-Secretary and President of French Club
-One year of english teaching
-FTC Robotics Competition
-Published 6 articles on school magazine over the course of 2 years
-40 hours community service in Freshman year (at a different high school)
-Theatre Club
-Gay Straight Alliance
-Literary Society</p>

<p>Internship this summer - probably 120 hours. </p>

<p>Gender: Female
Ethnicity: Asian </p>

<p>Intended Major: Computer Science</p>

<p>Can I get in RD? Thanks :) I kinda doubt it cause low gpa and sat, but I think that I'd probably get in cause barely anyone has ever applied here and they're probably interested in kids from where I'm from.</p>

<p>My opinions: Wisc has no RD…meaning there’s no difference in when you apply…you get an answer sooner if you apply earlier…that’s it. I don’t believe Wisc superscores SAT or ACT. 3.38 is a very low UW GPA for Wisc. I don’t think it matters how many applicants there are from your HS, you’re qualified and accepted or not.</p>

<p>If you are genuinely interested, I would recommend getting after your GPA big time. Show a HUGE improvement first semester Senior year. Some have been accepted with your GPA and SAT, but generally stats are higher for admitted students…which you can find on the Wisc website. Your EC’s are fine, but won’t make-up for the GPA. </p>

<p>It’s not impossible, but in my opinion it’s a bit of a stretch for you. If you want it…go for it.</p>

<p>Oops, I’m not that familiar with UW’s admissions system. My bad for saying RD and superscore. Sooo embarrassed. </p>

<p>Yeah I know it’s kind of a stretch. It’s not my reach school. It’s just that my counselor suggested it so I dunno.</p>

<p>Parent here – take a look at the common data set on the UW website, that will show top and bottom 25% scores, grades etc. 3.38 unweighted gpa is very low for out of state student to be admitted, and I don’t know how SAT matches up, but I am guessing that is below 700 on each so is not so strong that will make up for a lower gpa. </p>

<p>If you are looking for good state schools with somewhat easier admission, take a look at Indiana University, Bloomington, University of Iowa and University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.</p>

<p>Hmm yeah definitely a stretch. :confused: Thanks I think I know where I stand with my chances xD</p>