Chance Me -- UW - Madison EA 2024

OOS, girl, not applying for financial aid, applying as a nutrition major for first choice and psychology major as second choice

SAT – 1430

GPA – 3.55 (I go to one of the best private prep schools in my state, grades are deflated) (3.67 sophomore year, 3.3 junior year (i know very low, does my senior year make up for it?), 4.0 senior year)

AP Lit – 4, taking AP Stats and AP Spanish this year. Again, there are no history / english APs offered at my school (I took Lit on my own), so there are not many APs to choose from to begin with.

ECs
4 years on 2 varsity sports
2 years of managing a third sport
Involved in multiple clubs including being an ambassador for my school, involved in community service clubs such as guiding eyes for the blind, youth court, Peer Resource Officer for underclassmen
Spent the summer between my sophomore and junior year at Johns Hopkins Medical Intensive Program
Babysitter

Pretty good essays and recs

My senior applied last year EA and had very similar stats as you: 3.68 gpa, 1490 SAT, 8 AP classes, and multiple varsity sports. He was history major from CA. He did not get in :frowning: - the only thing is I don’t think his “why Wisconsin” essay was very good…he also had some Cs on his transcript…

A downward trend in your gpa does not look good. A “best…school” may not be that much better than many public WI schools- depending on the state. You are being offered a good education, you are supposed to make the most of it and do the work to get good grades.