Chance Me - UWash [Intl, A-, 1240]

Hey guys- I’m a UWash applicant for Fall '24- and umm well I want to major in Politics. Just wanted to know about scholarships and how is it like to study there and if- with my grades I’ll be able to make it there. My grades are slightly above average with like As and A pluses in most subjects and a C in math. My SAT score was 1240- and I’m attempting it a second time. But I do have a lot of cool extracurriculars- such as my short film got nominated, my essay was shortlisted for a global essay competition- where I wrote on the topic of Economics- on whether billionaires should be banned or not? also I have been in the student council for 2 years now, and I’m at the second highest position there is. I also did a long course offered by Yale in Coursera and I also was a finalist in a national music competition in the piano category. I did many hours of community service and co-wrote a research article on hunger and malnutrition. My book on global affairs will also be published later this year. Will this make me eligible to get into UWash? I’m so scared and excited.

Could you please clarify. Are you an international student…if so…is this college affordable at the OOS rate?

The UW Office of Student Financial Aid does not offer any type of scholarship, grant or other form of aid to international students studying in the U.S

2 Likes

More context is needed. Are you an in-state applicant or a nonresident? If nonresident, are you coming from an under-represented state?

Do you live in a lower-income zip code? Are you a first-generation college student?

All of these factors will affect your chances, apart from your own grades and accomplishments.

This is an international student…they responded on their other thread.

1 Like

@Jay27 I’m re-titling your thread because you have named it like an official UWash Class of 2028 thread, when in reality it’s your personal chance-me thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.