Chance Me VT Business

Virginia Tech is my number one choice and I’m really nervous that I won’t get in. I’m planning on applying to Business Undecided.

GPA: 3.818
SAT: 1370

I took 4 honors classes freshman year,
3 honors and 1 IB class sophomore year,
6 IB classes junior year, and 5 IB classes senior year. I have strong extracurriculars.

I’m in state btw (northern virginia)

Good luck with VT! As a parent I recommend that not only should you love VT, but apply to 2 more schools that you would be thrilled to go to. It’s never a good idea to think you only want to attend one college. With the right mindset you can succeed and be happy in many places.

You have as much chance as anyone of getting in but again I would get really excited about 3 colleges and enjoy the ride.

Business (undecided) is the third most popular major at VT (nearly 2000 applicants). By applying undecided, you are putting yourself into a much larger pool than necessary. You should use the research tool to find a major that suits your stats and make you a stronger candidate. Here is the link… https://irweb.ir.vt.edu/webtest/admission_data.aspx

You might find a major that matches your extracurriculars.

Good luck!

Thanks; I didn’t know that Business (undecided) was so popular. Is possible/difficult to switch majors in business?

@victorbernstein Changes majors seems to be pretty doable within the college you apply to. Going from CoB to CoE would be a different story. Do yourself a favor - if your school uses Naviance or a similar tool to track applications/acceptance, then see where you fall on that spectrum. That can be a little more revealing than the overall stats on the admission data that VT posts.