chance me!

<p>I have a weighted 4.0 gpa. I have a 1700 on my sats and a 25 on my acts. I have mostly A's all the time and I took AP lit last year and this year. I'm a member of my grade level council and captain of my varsity cheer team. I also do a lot of volunteer work...CHANCES PLEASE?</p>

<p>We need a breakdown of your SAT - UM only considers Math and Reading scores. What did you score on the AP lit test. What APs are you taking this year? What is your rank in class or if unknown your best guess at your decile? Did you apply to UM under EA or are you applying RD?
~Zinc</p>

<p>i received a 600 in math and a 570 in reading. i only scored a 3 on my AP lit test so i didnt include that in my application. im taking AP lit this year and my school doesn’t do class ranking. my school is very competitive an there are many ivy league applicants. i applied to UM under EA.</p>

<p>I’m afraid with an 1170 SAT and only 1 AP that you will not be accepted. However, as many others have said, UM does look holistically at each application, so a fantastic essay, outstanding RECs, some other kind of hook may pull you in. But, if they are screening based on the standardized test scores, then I’m afraid you will have a tough time being accepted at UM.</p>

<p>I’m sorry I don’t have a better prediction and remember this is just one parent’s opinion - I don’t have any inside scoop on how UM admissions does their job. Let’s hope I’m WRONG!</p>

<p>Best of luck to you.
~Zinc</p>

<p>i figured that. thank you for helping.</p>