Chance me Please

<p>Hey, okay so I really want to get into University of Miami but I am afraid I won't get in due to my test scores. So will you guys please chance me. I am pretty much a straight A's student. I am number 2 in my class and I have about a 3.8ishh unweighted GPA. I have majority AP classes this year and I have passed all of my AP exams, except for one, in my past years. The problem is that I got a 25 on ACT (31 on Math, 23 on Reading, 23 on Science, and 23 on English). I am taking the ACT's again this December again and hopefully I will get a 28 or above. Hoping for it. I also got a 1440 (with the math, reading, and writing) on the SAT. Ya i know its a horrible score. But I am retaking ACT again this December. So will you guys please chance me and tell me if there is anything else i can do to raise my chances to getting into this school. I would really like to get accepted.</p>

<p>I have a 4.26 GPA, a 26 ACT, and am taking 2 AP classes, and all the rest are Honors course. Do i have a chance of getting in? I am from New Jersey</p>

<p>You need to convey to admissions how much you want to be there… If you are full pay, there is still a chance that you will be yanked off a waitlist in June…it happened this past year to kids with low test scores…</p>

<p>Don’t give up; they didn’t. If you are offered spring admissions take it; then tell them you will love to move to fall if a spot opens…</p>

<ol>
<li><p>If you can, get a few friends together with similar scores and split the cost of an intense tutor (highly recommended,reviewed, etc.) since SAT/ACT scores are important. Otherwise, identify clear deficiencies you have and study these intensely from the best test prep books.</p></li>
<li><p>Contact an Admissions Officer for advice or possibly a note accompanying your application.</p></li>
<li><p>Ask those writing your teacher(s) and Counselor recommendations to mention these deficiencies and how they do not reflect your high achievement in rigorous academic programs with the dedication to your extracurricular commitments.</p></li>
<li><p>Meet with an Admissions Officer on campus or an alum (ask through your local UM Alumni Club) and seriously present your case with evidence of realistic, passionate, achievable academic plans, how you will contribute to the campus community (campus leader), and how UM offers academic, social, and leadership opportunities that will benefit you more than other schools.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Great advice surferbeach!! </p>

<p>To cvvassallo: you need to start your own thread here and provide a lot more details about your academic creds in order for anyone to realistically chance you.</p>

<p>Thank you for the advice. And I agree with ZincWhiskers, cvvassallo should open up his/her own thread and talk about academic creds. I would definitely love to hear the advice. Thank you both for the advice and I am so studying my butt off for the next couple of months for ACT, so I can get into UM.</p>

<p>At a 25 on the ACT, you have around a 40% chance of getting in, just by comparing your stats to others who were accepted or rejected… but with a 28+, I would say that you’d have a 98% chance of getting in. Those three points make a difference.</p>