Chances at college of agriculture?

<p>i have a question, i applied for Forestry, is that an easy major to get accepted into? I feel like there aren't that many applicants who apply to the college of agriculture, my stats are 3.6 GPA weighted, full IB courses, tennis, swim, lacrosse 1120 SAT (Math and Reading) 590 math 530 Reading, lots of EC and community service, im from NOVA, male. thanks.</p>

<p>unfortunately your SAT scores seem a bit low, and even though your GPA isn’t terribly bad, when compared against loads of other applicants, it’s only average based on VT’s standards. your EC and community service may back you up though; can you go into detail with those?</p>

<p>I am not one to speculate on acceptance chances, and I wish you all the best in hearing good news soon. I will say that I know Forestry is a challenging major at VT. It ranks very highly amongst national programs and has many very well-respected professors in its department. My s has taken several classes in this program and has commented on how terrific the classes and the profs are, but he has also said he needed to keep his nose to the grindstone to do well.
Good luck to you!</p>

<p>my EC’s include:
History Honor Society
Business Honor Society
Ecology Club
Student Government Association
FBLA
Math Team
Yearbook Club
also did 3 years of swim and dive
1 year of lacrosse
1 year of tennis</p>