Chances at Penn State for nursing?

<p>I'm wondering if I stand a decent/good/bad chance of getting into Penn State for nursing. It's pretty important to me to get into main campus as a freshman too so what are the odds of that?</p>

<p>1830 SAT (plan on taking it again; I've been practicing a lot!)
3.7 weighted GPA (not sure UW)
2 AP classes
2 honors classes
National Honor Society
Girl Scout for 12 years (various service projects; silver & bronze awards earned)
Athlete: National champ; 2 national records; jr. world team; competed abroad at world champs 2x (ps it's not a collegiate sport so I can't be recruited)
I write a strong essay.</p>

<p>If not, what do you suggest I do to improve my chances?</p>

<p>I don’t know about the nursing program, but overall Penn State is very numbers driven in admission. For main campus, they publish a diagram that shows SAT scores and GPA to estimate your chances for admission. </p>

<p>In any case, try to do some paid or volunteer work in a health care setting, and work that information into your applications or essays.</p>

<p>Penn State also is probably the only public university that does not give any admissions preference to in-state students.</p>

<p>It is harder to get into the nursing program than it is to get onto the main campus. You can do a search on this site to find scores of people who were accepted or rejected for Penn State’s nursing program. Each year, students list that info on CC’s Penn State forum. You don’t need super-human scores, but it is very competitive.</p>

<p>Everyone should take both the ACT and the SAT. They are very different tests. The ACT is best for people who are better in science than math. Colleges will base their decision upon whichever score is higher.</p>

<p>Here’s info on admissions chances overall for main campus. It is not specific to nursing, which would be more difficult.</p>

<p><a href=“http://admissions.psu.edu/info/counselors/bubble_chart.pdf[/url]”>http://admissions.psu.edu/info/counselors/bubble_chart.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;