Penn State - Nursing

<p>Hey, I'm applying for Penn State in the School of Nursing program.
I would like to know if anybody else had previously applied to the program and got accepted/denied with the show of your high school GPA and ACT/SAT score?</p>

<p>I basically just want to see the stats. of people who got accepted/denied is, and what is the average stats you need to get into Penn State's nursing program.
It would also be helpful if you know what other factors are also important beside GPA/standardized tests.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>PS. It doesn't matter to me of which campus I start with, prefer to start with satellites for the first year.</p>

<p>It is very competitive - they get something like 1,000 or 1,200 applicants per year for nursing. You need to spend at least 2 years at U. Park and at least one year in Hershey.</p>

<p>I don’t know about nursing specifically, but Penn State mainly plugs in GPA and SAT scores for most admissions decisions.</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply!</p>

<p>For 1,000 - 1,2000 applicants that they received, do you know how many of them got accepted?</p>

<p>Would you say that it is the same ratio and same competitiveness as getting into the campus of University Park?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Competition for Nursing admission has been becoming increasingly intense due to the increased interest in Nursing as a major and the relatively small freshman class sizes for Nursing. This is especially true at highly rated State Unversity Nursing Programs such as PSU, Pitt, Delaware, Rutgers (just to name a few). It is usually much easier to get accepted into most other majors at these schools then into Nursing. At Delaware the acceptance rate is less than 20% for Nursing. Most Nursing Programs only accept about twice the number of slots that they have available (obviously some students choose to attend other schools). So if you know the number of students in the typical freshman Nursing class at PSU you can roughly estimate the number who will be accepted into the major (and then you can calculate the odds). Best of luck to you.</p>