Chances at UM?

<p>University of Miami is my top choice school, so I would like to know what you all think my chances are. Affording UM education not a problem.</p>

<p>My most recent GPA is a 3.95 unweighted GPA, SAT score is 1930/2400 or 1260/1600. I go to a selective college prep school in CT but we do not do ranking. White female. I have really nice recommendations from a variety of teachers. I interviewed with a Miami rep and told her that the U is my top choice, also toured the school previous to that.</p>

<p>Junior year classes:
Algebra II - A's
Spanish III - A's
AP English III - A's, 4 on AP
Art IV Honors - A's
Latin American Studies Honors- A's
Biology- A's</p>

<p>Senior year Classes:
AP Gov and Politics - A's
AP English IV - B+ (raising to an A)
Teaching Assistant to a Sophomore "Leadership" Class
Spanish IV - A's
Environmental Science Honors - A's
Precalc - B+ (working on this also)
Art IV Honors - A's</p>

<p>I have too many hours of community service to count, including tutoring children with learning disabilities, fostering and volunteering at an animal shelter, and donating produce that I personally farm to families who cannot afford fresh fruit/vegetables. Loads more but those are my main projects (I attached the complete list to the common app for submission). I am also in a selective after school art program and lead the school's Amnesty Int. Chapter.</p>

<p>I want to go into their Marine Bio program, and currently have a close relationship with an aquarium in the Bahamas, which I talk about in my essay.</p>

<p>Just to have something to compare to, I got into Tulane but that is the only school I have heard back from. However I am still very nervous about my chances at UM.</p>

<p>I’d definitely say in, with probably an 11k scholarship. Only thing bringing you down is your SAT score, but your GPA is definitely high enough to get you in with some scholarship money. I’m assuming you applied EA? Also, nice name, haha :P</p>

<p>definitely a low match. good luck :slight_smile: u have gr8 stats (yes the SAT is low) <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1452357-chance-me.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1452357-chance-me.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>JRswish, if she’s going for the marine bio program, there aren’t any better schools. UM’s marine science program is the top undergrad program in the country. Just thought I’d point that out.</p>

<p>truuu. didnt read that at all. edited my post :)</p>

<p>be sure to join the scuba club when you get to campus hahahaha</p>

<p>If I get in I totally will! We find out in a couple days :)</p>

<p>I got in :slight_smile: SO HAPPY</p>

<p>Congrats!! Did you get a merit scholarship?</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>Also think about joining the aquarium club! My daughter is the president this year so if you have questions about it, ask away!</p>

<p>Hey SVMMOM, my D is the Vice President of UMAC - I imagine our daughters know each other!!!</p>

<p>I’m also in UMAC! Fancy that! I’ll be the one wearing the Ravens jersey to the next meeting (and probably every day this week…)</p>

<p>I will definitely join the aquarium club! I did some work with Atlantis in PI, Bahamas in their aquarium department so I am really into that kind of stuff. And I am also a Ravens fan haha, I heard Ray Lewis’s kid is going to be a freshman this year too.</p>

<p>Go Ravens! And yep, Ray Lewis III will be a freshman, part of the 2013 football recruiting class!</p>