Chances for an out of stater

<p>I visited madison once and loved it. I really want to know if I have any shot?</p>

<p>I am a junior, I took the SAT once, no studying, taking it again next week with a prep course (hopefully a large improvement) but my first score was a 1930 </p>

<p>good public school in Upstate NY, top 20%, but school doesn't rank. </p>

<p>3.5 GPA UW with the hardest course load, numerous electives, I will graduate all honors with at least 5 APs and a lot of college credits. </p>

<p>Extra Curriculars:</p>

<p>4 years (2 JV 2 Varsity) XC, 4 years varsity tennis, 2 years indoor track
MUN club
Class Government, VP of class sophomore year and a lot of involvement with prom planning etc.
Femtastic gender equality club, involved in a lot of advocacy movements
business experience working for my dad's company (too much to write about here, good stuff though)
Entrepreneurial ventures (again, a lot of details)
Volunteer work with adaptive ski program, I help developmentally disabled kids ski
Camp Counselor all summer (following being a camper for 7 years)
7 week leadership summit last summer in which I helped developmentally disabled adults play sports and other activities.
Nominated for Boys State, will most likely be attending</p>

<p>Recs will be good i'm sure, and I will write a good essay.</p>

<p>I would apply as a marketing major with a minor in Government</p>

<p>Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!</p>

<p>Certainly in the range. Chance for sure.</p>

<p>For you and other sophomores & juniors, please understand there are many people (seniors & transfers) sweating it out at the moment regarding fall of 2012. When most see that you’re a HS sophomore or junior, it’s not that they don’t want to help, but it sounds so far out. </p>

<p>You can chance yourself by taking 20-30 minutes and really, really researching your own questions. Look at the other chances for Wisc on this site. How different are your stats? Look at Wisc website, where stats are published. Worry about GPA and ACT/SAT scores. Clubs, Sports, and other EC’s are fine, but probably won’t determine your admission decision. Same for Essays & Recs. Yes, they’re important - but you don’t see many people saying their essays sucked, or a teacher ruined their Rec.</p>

<p>If you have ACT > 28 and UW GPA > 3.7, you should be in good shape, but their are no real guarantees.</p>

<p>Ditto billywesty.</p>

<p>I learned my lesson, I looked at Naviance and all, I have a really good chance if I keep up my grades and all. Thanks billywesty/wis75! -Sophomore</p>