Chances for out of state versus in state

<p>Hi all:
Wondering what the admission chances are for those out of state versus in state. Son is on the bubble in terms of stats but comes from out of state and from a very very competitive private school. Also, do they consider major at all? Thanks.
Trish</p>

<p>Since TCU is private, there is no distinction in admission criteria for in-state or out-of-state; it's just one big applicant pool.</p>

<p>But if TCU wants any sort of geographic diversity, I would think that an out-of-state student would be more attractive to them. Right now the ratio at TCU is 79% Texan and 21% out of state!</p>

<p>Well, that was what I was thinking. But I am sure I am over-thinking it all anyway. LOL WIth my older daughter, the application process was much more involved at the schools she was applying so I am feeling somewhat unneeded with this child. 3 of 4 schools are state schools and the applications are done in minutes. But, also wondering if what major you select has any bearing on admissions. My son wants to go into art and I am wondering if that might be a bit easier. (can you tell I would like him to get in. LOL)
Thanks for your help.
Trish</p>