Chances for Purdue Engineering

<p>Hi all, I'm looking for some advise as to my chances of admission into Purdue's General Engineering Program. Any input is highly appreciated!</p>

<p>Gender: Male
<em>Out of State</em> (Virginia)
Race: White </p>

<p>GPA W: 4.07
GPA NW: 3.84
Class Rank: 10/350 (Top 3%)</p>

<p>ACT: 26 (E: 25, M: 25, R: 27, S: 27)
<em>I know my test scores aren't stellar, but will they be detrimental to my admission?</em></p>

<p>Course Load: As hard as possible. My school offers something called the Cambridge Program, which is the British Equivalent of AP. </p>

<pre><code> -AP courses: 2
-AICE courses (British eq. of AP): 7
-IGCSE courses (British eq of Pre AP) 4
</code></pre>

<p>EC's: Pretty Good. I will not list all my involvements, but I am an officer in numerous clubs and have participated in many hours of community service </p>

<p>Senior Year Schedule:</p>

<pre><code> AICE Thinking Skills II (Problem Solving)
AICE Chemistry
AICE Biology
AICE English Lit
AP Government
Finance
Functions/Trig (Pre-Calc)
</code></pre>

<p>Thanks in advance for your opinions!</p>

<p>You need to get that ACT score up. Especially that math score of 25. Take it again as soon as possible, and grab a couple of review guides with practice tests. Otherwise you’d have to be classified as a slight reach to a reach.</p>

<p>Wouldn’t worry too much about it. I think you’d get into the FYE program for sure.</p>

<p>You will be accepted for sure. I am from Oregon, white, male, 3.20 gpa, 1300 sat, and had leadership experience and got accepted to engineering. Once you get into the general engineering program getting into your chosen major is quite a bit harder though.</p>

<p>As we sometimes say. “Purdue, where your best isn’t good enough since 1869.”</p>

<p>madkona, 1300/1600 ?</p>

<p>skippy; those look like great stats. i had the opposite - low gpa high test scores (3.00, 2240) and i was admitted to engineering today.</p>

<p>your excellent GPA and rank will make up for your test scores. i think it’s too late now to take any tests for consideration, but your scores aren’t that bad anyways. </p>

<p>good luck (:</p>

<p>Hello everyone,
I’m an international student (Nepal) with average scores (I guess) and average Ec’s. However, I am very very very much interested in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering at Purdue. (I lost hope of getting into an Ivy after my SAT scores came out.)</p>

<p>SAT:
CR 590
Math 680
Writing 630
Total 1900
Composite 1270</p>

<p>TOEFL 109
SAT II (Physics, Math I and Literature; scores not out yet)</p>

<p>GPA- 3.75
Rank- Top 2% (most competitive school in the country with rigorous curriculum)</p>

<p>EC’s:
President- Astronautics club
Coordinator- student magazine committee
Event Manager- social service council
Volunteer- Interact club (Rotary International)
Volunteer- International Year of Astronomy 2009 programs in Nepal
Member- environment club</p>

<p>What are my chances???</p>

<p>I would say you’re borderline with that ACT score and even if you do get in, you’ll be one of those students who has a hard time staying in with that low math score unless you don’t think it represents you.</p>

<p>Not trying to be negative, but my GPA was 3.89 and I was third in my class and I didn’t get accepted into their engineering program. I had above average SAT scores, but still too low for them. And I had ton of leadership positions and community service and that didn’t get me in, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up, but you never know!</p>

<p>Guys please chance me! Responses appreciated.
International Student
GPA 3.83
SAT 1930 (Superscore)
IB 41/45 (predicted)
IGCSE: Physics Chemistry and Math A A* A*
Intended Major: Computer Engineering.
Strong essays and recommendation letters.
Decent extra curricular activities and community service</p>

<p>I really like Purdue!</p>

<p>I know the SAT screwed me over :(</p>

ACT: 33 - Best subscores: (Math: 35, Reading: 32, English: 35, Science: 29)
SAT: 2050
Unweighted GPA: 3.4
Weighted GPA: 3.8

Sports: Tennis - JV 2 years, Varsity 2 years
Clubs: 1.Mu Alpha Theta(Math Honors Society) - Helped volunteer with many middle school competitions and other math type events.
2. BPA(Business Professionals of America): All 4 years, but made it to state 2 years, and nationals 2 years
3. Scholastic Bowl - 2 years - JV 1 year, Varsity 1 year
Volunteering: Alive community Center in Naperville, and feed my starving children

My chances for purdue computer engineering? anyone?