Chances for UCLA/ Berkeley Business

Hello, I am a rising senior interested in the pre-Haas business administration program at UCB as well as the UCLA business economics program. Please chance me and provide tips as I work on my application this summer. Thanks!
Objective:
ACT (breakdown): 34 (34 Reading, 36 English, 33 Math, 34 Science) 8/12 Essay; Taken thrice (35 Superscore, but UCs don’t)
SAT I (breakdown): 1440 (770 Math/670 Reading/Writing), 16/24 Essay (Taken Once)
SAT II: Biology E (730); Math ii (Will take in August)
School/UC Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
School Weighted GPA: 4.8/ 5.0
UC Weighted GPA: 4.65
Weighted and Capped GPA: 4.24
Used Roger hub to calculate; (17 total yr long classes; 11 are AP/ honors, so 22 sem. inputted)
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 2/885
AP (place score in parenthesis): Psych (5), Human Geo (5), Stats (4), Comp Sci A (3)
Microecon (4), Art History (3), Seminar (4), Bio (4), Lang. (5) Calc BC w/ subscore (4;4) Physics 1 (3), APUSH (5)
Senior Year Course Load: Multi Calc; APES; Lit; Comp Sci Principles; AP Research; Internship Class
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): N/A

Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership/grade level in parenthesis):
FBLA- National Qualifier x2; State Winner (Freshman Rep./ 9th-10th)
BPA- State Qualifier; Regional Winner (11th)
SNHS- Host Labs (Treasurer/ 11th; co-President 12th)
Investment Club- Linked with the Young Investors Society (YIS) organization (Founder/ President; 10th-12th)
YIS Elected National Officer (12th)
Science Olympiad- UT Austin Regional Medalist x3 (9th-12th)
Knowledge at Wharton High School (KWHS) Investment Comp:
Exceeded Class avg. of 650+ teams and S&P 500 returns (Team Lead/11th)
Robotics- Trained in Safety/ Mechanical; UIL State (9th-10th)
Band UIL Regional/ Area Marching (9th-10th)
NHS(11th-12th)/ School Service Club Member (9th-12th)

Job/Work Experience:
Business Analysis Intern at electric motors company- develop proficiency with ERP software (Unpaid/senior year); coordinated with internship class for senior year
Mother’s online Amazon business (Product Procurement Analyst; Assist in inventory management/ goods reconciliation)
Volunteer/Community service:
Temple Youth Leader (Food Service/ Donation Management); 150 hrs (9th-11th)
Summer Activities: UT Dallas Top Trader Basic Investment and Personal Finance Certifications

Other:
Intended Major: Business
State (if domestic applicant): Texas (out-of-state)
School Type: Large Public School; in Houston suburbs
Ethnicity: South Asian (Indian)
Hooks (URM, first-generation college, etc.): N/A

Hopefully, you can afford the high out of state tuition and costs.

First of all, you have to be admitted to either UCB or UCLA as a freshman, which is a tough task. Even for high stats individuals, UCB or UCLA freshman admittance is not a sure thing.

Secondly, if you are admitted to either school, it is still a difficult climb. For UCB Haas, the average GPA for UCB applicants is 3.7. There is a chance you would not be admitted and you would have to decided on a backup plan, i.e., economics major, etc. For UCLA’s bus. econ., the site says 3.0 GPA for the major requirements, but realistically, you should strive for at least a 3.3 to 3.4 because bus. econ is competitive to get into and students tell me the same. There are a lot more spaces at UCLA bus. econ. than at Haas.

Lastly, your state, Texas, has a great public school in UT Austin. UT Austin has one of the top 10 undergraduate business schools in the country and a top 5 accounting program. You should at least consider applying there.

Thank you for the details! I am heavily considering UT Austin, but I was looking at the out-of-state options too.

Also, if you can afford it, for top undergraduate business, there are other out of state options: private colleges-Penn, Cornel, MIT, NYU, USC, Notre Dame, etc.; public colleges: Univ. of Michigan; Virginia, etc.

@UCBUSCalum Do you think my profile is generally compatible with the OOS/ reach schools, or should I consider going for a 35/36 ACT in September to reach 75th percentiles for these schools? I have mostly looked into UT so far and just started to consider the other various options as Common App is opening really soon.

I believe your ACT score of 34 is already high and therefore submit the ACT score rather than your SAT score. These schools are reach schools only because they are top 20 or so schools and the business major is competitive and in high demand. You should also apply to some safety schools in you state.

Alright, thank you. I will begin on the essays then shortly.