<p>SAT: 1810
CRITICAL READING: 680<br>
MATH: 530<br>
WRITING: 600
Class Ranking: 162 out of 763<br>
Cumulative GPA: 3.2791
Academic Core GPA: 3.6143
Weighted Cumul. GPA: 4.3023
ACT Composite: 27 (Planning on retaking but I dont know if I need to)
English: 24
Mathematics: 25
Reading: 33
Science: 25
Combined English/Writing: 22
Advanced Placement
AP World History (10th grade) exam score was a 2 :(((
AP US History, AP Biology, AP English Language, and AP Psych were all taken 11th grade
and I got 4s on all four of them.
My senior year I plan on taking AP Calc BC (I'm skipping AB), AP Physics B, AP Lit, AP Stat, AP Chem, and AP Gov</p>

<p>The only extracurricular I really have is my schools Interact club but I'm very committed to it and I have over 100 service hours from this club alone and I plan on getting more my senior and I'm also a board member.</p>

<p>I plan on joining NHS this year as well
Ok so I'm a black female and about to be a senior in high school and University of Miami is my dream school :D</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I think UM is a reach for you. Perhaps a low reach if you write some compelling essays and present a well-written, clear application. With your class rank, you will need to retake your ACT or SAT (you did equallying well on both) as both scores fall below UM’s 25th percentile. Also, if you get that already high verbal score above a 700, you test out of Comp 1. Otherwise, UM requires AP 5s to test out of that requirement (nice work on the 4s though – excellent).These scores might fly if you were ranked in the top 5% of your class, but you are in the top quarter. Even though you have done well in school, most UM students come from the top 10% of their classes, so your scores and extracurriculars will need to compensate. Sorry to say it, but those extracurriculars are lacking. NHS is a great idea, but it might look like last minute cushioning for your app. Do you have a job, by the way, or any out of school activities because those with your current club and NHS might be enough if you get those scores up to the higher end of the 25-75%ile ranges (2090 SAT or 32 ACT). Again, write some good essays and seek good recommendations and perhaps UM can be more than just a dream for you! </p>

<p>With that said, you won’t be in the running for any merit aid (unless you blow the top off of those tests) so maybe you should consider a state school honors program and then transfer after a year or two. </p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>Also, keep in mind that tons of people get into their reaches every year and it isn’t even such a high reach. Stats as they are and with good essays and recs, you are a borderline candidate, so please don’t feel too discouraged by my comments above. Use this year to become a more sure-thing applicant with a test retake and high involvement in school and almost all A’s. :-)</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CC</p>

<p>Sorry doesn’t look good for you</p>

<p>Thanks so much!!</p>

<p>I think you have a chance, make sure to explain things well in your essays and, if needed, contact your admissions officer. It’s a bit of a reach but people get into their reaches all the time. If you can retake, do.</p>