chances of acceptance

<p>Just curious, what is the possibility that I will get in to the University of Wisconsin if this is my high school background:</p>

<p>-GPA: 3.34(4.0 scale & unweighted)-however, my GPA improved every year starting with a 3.0 my freshman year, a 3.5 my sophomore year, & a 4.0 my junior year
-ACT: 22 (don't worry I am raising both of these...)
-SAT: 1610
-Top 35% of class (I attend highly ranked public school in California, and I am ranked 204 out of 644 students in my class)
-4 AP courses
-3 Honors classes
-Extracurriculars:
1. Varsity Athlete (3 letters, school record holder, and awarded San Diego Union Tribune All-Academic Team)
2. Member of National Society of High School Scholars
3. Member of Face Aids Club on high school campus
4. Very active in church community
-Courses I am taking this year:
1. Honors Pre-Calc
2. AP Environmental Science
3. Photography I-II
4. World Literature I-II
5. AP Psychology I-II
6. Economics/Civics</p>

<p>I also plan to take physics at a community college in the spring. I know that my class rank and SAT/ACT scores aren't that great, but would it help if I am first generation? And I am looking to enter the nursing program..</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>You’re out of state with a low GPA (great improvement, though), low test scores, low rank, and not the toughest schedule. Does not look good.</p>

<p>What if I am able to raise my test scores though??</p>

<p>Sorry, but even if you got a 30 I’d say no. I don’t know if you noticed, but there’s another thread on this forum where some kid from my state, Minnesota (instate for all intents and purposes cause of tuition reciprocity) got rejected with a 33ACT, 3.98 UW GPA, and something like 6 AP’s as well as a bunch of EC’s and stuff- just sayin’.</p>

<p>You have about a 5% chance.</p>

<p>If you can get atleast a 25 on the ACT, apply.</p>

<p>If you get atleast a 27, you have a chance.</p>

<p>If you can get a 32+, you might be in match territory.</p>