Chances of admission? Class of 2024

-Current High School Junior
-Illinois Resident
-Attend Relatively competitive highschool/ It’s in the top 50 in the state
-Planned Early Action application
-3.4 unweighted average/ sadly I did poorly freshman year but my unweighted during junior year is about a 3.6
-4.1 weighted average
-1400 SAT, retaking in June
-Honors/AP student
-I took AP Calc BC during junior year with B’s both semesters, and am looking to take Multi-Variable next year
-AP English junior and senior year, A first semester, B second
-AP Physics and Bio, B’s both semester in Physics
-Looking to apply to college of Letters and Sciences
EC’s:
-Member of Scholastic Bowl team at school all 4 years
-Writer/editor for school magazine for 2 years
-In props department for stage crew for school theatre productions for 3 years, will be head of the department next year

• Vice President of National Italian Honor Society, member of Italian Club, and 3rd place winner in the National Italian Exam for my category

I’d check your school’s data on Naviance if that’s available to you. I think accepting scores can vary depending on where you are coming from and what program you are applying to.

Last year’s 25-75 percentile ACT scores are 27-32 and SAT 1300-1480. Info found via the common data set

https://apir.wisc.edu/institution/common-data-set-and-rankings/

In general, as someone from out of state you’ll want to be towards the top of those numbers. Good luck!

Your gpa may be a stumbling block, even junior year. Worth applying but have other choices.

It is usually harder for people of out of state to get into UW. But really what they care most about is your community engagement and leadership potential. They do not focus as much on grades or ACT, although it is still a factor. If you can demonstrate you are a go-getter, you will be okay.

you definitely have a chance!

your chances are good. Maybe wait to regular decision so you have one more semester of grades that will be on your transcript. Madison wants to see an upward trend especially if what your saying is true and you have been developing better study habits since your freshman year. They want to see you take rigorous course work and excel to a high degree. Focus this first semester on your grades and then strengthen your application for February!!