Chances of being Accepted to the University of Wisconsin-Madison?

I am an out of state resident, and I was previously postponed to Wisconsin-Madison. Is there a good shot that I can be accepted?
ACT: 26
GPA: 3.93 Weighted; 3.75 Unweighted (When I Applied)
4.1 Weighted; 3.67 Unweighted (First Semester Grades Senior Year)
3.95 Weighted; 3.74 Unweighted Total

Honors/AP Classes Taken in High School: Honors Algebra 1 (Freshman Year); Honors World History, Honors Spanish 2 (Sophomore Year); Honors English, Honors U.S. History, Honors Spanish 3, Honors Chemistry (Junior Year); Honors Economics, Honors U.S. Contemporary American History, Honors Physics, Honors Spanish 4, AP English (Senior Year)

Extracurriculars: Boys Golf (Varsity Captain), Boys Basketball, National Honor Society Member, Spanish National Honor Society Member, Ping Pong Club, Spanish Club, Science Club, Bags Club, Volunteerism

Awards: Academic All-Conference three years in a row for golf; High-Honor Roll for seven consecutive semesters

I submitted two Letters of Recommendation and have visited the campus. I also work as a caddy for about 40 hours per week during the summer.

@EFitz23, when did you receive postpone notification?

@EFitz23, your stats very similar to mine, but I haven’t heard anything yet. I applied 10/21/14.

@woodbury2010‌ I received the notification on December 22.

@EFitz23 Based on previous years, you and I have good chance to be accepted. However, this year UW-Madison increases their in-state students, so I’m not so sure. I’m OOS from Minnesota.

@Madison85 How do my stats look?

The ACT is at the bottom of the middle 50 range of accepted students, and it is more difficult for non-residents to get admitted. One AP class only - are not many offered at your school?

@Madison85‌ There are much more honors classes offered than AP. The two main AP classes offered are in English and History. And are you saying my ACT is in the middle 50% range, or is it just outside of it? Would one more point help my chances that much more? I am taking the ACT again in February.

A 26 is at the bottom of the middle 50. So you are at about 25th+ percentile of accepted students (just within the bottom of the range). Taking it again is a great idea!

@Madison85 How do you think my GPA and extracurriculars look? I know that Madison uses a holistic approach when reviewing applications. By the way, I go to a catholic high school, and I know some of the public schools offer more AP classes. Also, our grading scale is more difficult.

My take on it is that UW-Madison wants to admit kids who will be successful UW-Madison college students. Getting in isn’t the hard part (but it is nerve wracking). The ‘hard part’ comes after you arrive on campus - having the study skills, motivation, brain power, and maturity to balance academics and social activities to have a successful college career.

ACT is just one factor, but it is important. Can this person succeed at UW? That is the question Admissions is trying to answer for each applicant based on all information available.

I don’t think retaking the ACT is even an option because they have a February 2 deadline for all materials to be in.

Last I checked (this week) the application is due Feb 2, but for all other materials, it said ‘to be determined’.

Maybe that was updated - do you have a link?@hopefulbadgerplz

http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/applyOnline.php

Chart still shows deadline for all other materials as TBD.

Also the Postponed FAQ sheet doesn’t give a deadline date for receiving new materials, it does say to send new ACT scores directly, and decisions by end of March.

Your decision could go either way- that is why you are postponed. Do have a backup school.

@wis75 @Madison85 What would you recommend doing to show Madison your interest? Are there any extra measures I could take to be accepted?

No.

GPA is pretty good, ACT is a bit on the low side.

My ACT Composite raised to a 27.

Not a significant change in ACT. Wait and see what happens.