Chances of Doing Well?

<p>What is IB Global History SL? and where is your TOK class?</p>

<p>It is not impossible. I know upcoming college freshmen who took the Math SL and Math HL exams in the same year. Our school ENCOURAGES it… so obviously it is not impossible.</p>

<p>And IB Global History is IB History SL and TOK is second semester. I only posted 1st semester’s schedule.</p>

<p>And I also can’t skip Math SL and take Math HL. I can take them concurrently my senior year and take their exams. It is proven at Rufus King High School that you can take the Math SL and Math HL exams in the same year. We are an IB World School, not a school who happens to give IB classes. And maybe I am draining myself… I agree I may be doing that.
I have until Aug 25th to change my schedule and I might do so.</p>

<p>I’m just wondering… What’s the difference between an IB World School and a school that happens to give IB classes?</p>

<p>IB world schools do not have AP classes, only IB classes. And in an IB World School, you have to take IB classes, well at least at our school. The IB Diploma is like the holy grail.
Full IB is a universal thing at IB World schools, since we don’t have AP (can’t do Full AP) and all of the non-IB classes (especially freshmen and sophomore classes) prepare you for IB (there called pre-diploma classes or pre-IB). As a junior or senior, there are very few non-IB classes and at our IB school, we have to take an IB English class and an IB social science.</p>

<p>Let me clarify. I do not know if other IB World Schools have AP classes, I really don’t know. But our school does not have AP classes available.</p>

<p>Oh. That makes sense I guess. I always thought an IB world school was just a school that offered the diploma. My school calls itself an IB school but we have over 25 AP classes as well. I’m a freshman and at my school the teachers treat the diploma like it’s the holy grail too.</p>