Chances of Doing Well?

<p>I am an upcoming junior who is becoming a full IB student. My classes are</p>

<p>IB Latin SL
IB English HL
IB Chemistry SL
IB Physics SL
IB Pre Calculus SL
IB Global History SL
Band</p>

<p>What are my chances of doing well? (maintaining at 3.8-4.0 GPA)</p>

<p>That depends on your academic ability.</p>

<p>You have to take 3 HL courses to be eligible for the diploma. Typically students do their strongest subjects as higher levels.</p>

<p>How do you only have 1 HL class? And I agree with Apollo; you should definitely pick your favorite/strongest subjects as your HLs cos that’ll make life so much easier.</p>

<p>At junior status, my sciences are SL and so is my history and math.
It’ll end up my senior year as
IB Physics 2 HL
IB Chemistry 2 HL
IB English 2 HL
IB Math Topics HL
IB Calculus SL
IB Latin 2 SL</p>

<p>Good luck with 4 HLs.</p>

<p>^ this is an appropriate sentiment. Especially if two of them are sciences. Yikes. Keep your wits about you. And two maths?! This may be a stupid question, but are you planning to go into engineering or something?</p>

<p>I can understand the two sciences, but why two math classes?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Especially when neither one exists. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/group5/[/url]”>500;

<p>IceQube</p>

<p>IB Calculus SL is Mathematics SL.
IB Math Topics HL is Mathematics HL.
IB Math Studies SL is Mathematical Studies.
The schools distinguish the names from the IB. So don’t tell me they don’t exist.</p>

<p>Yes I am. That’s the main reason I’m doing the extra math and science classes.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>So tell me that your school uses different naming conventions for courses first.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Good luck taking two exams simultaneously.</p>

<p>Yeah you can’t take both Math HL and Math SL because the exams are scheduled on the same day. I don’t really see the point in taking two math subjects anyway. If you want to be an engineer, take just Math HL.</p>

<p>I can’t. I can’t go from IB Pre Calculus to IB Math Topics. I can take IB Calculus and IB Math Topics concurrently. The IB exams are on the same days but different times. So I’m forced to take MathSL if I want to take Math HL.</p>

<p>And IceQube, you don’t go to Rufus King International School in Milwaukee, WI so don’t tell me how things.</p>

<p>And IceQube I would love for you to look at my schedule and tell me the name of my classes. Please do.</p>

<p>This year’s IB exam schedule: <a href=“http://peernet.pearsoncollege.ca/sites/default/files/examination_schedule_May_2012.pdf[/url]”>http://peernet.pearsoncollege.ca/sites/default/files/examination_schedule_May_2012.pdf&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Math HL Paper 1 and Math SL Paper 1 are both held on May 3rd so you can’t take both exams. I distinctly remember finishing my math SL paper 1 and seeing the math HL kids still taking their exam. As for going from pre-calc to Math HL, maybe you’ll learn the necessary calculus your first year of Math HL and progress to harder HL topics your second year.</p>

<p>You proved my point. The IB says you have to have certain exams for a specific day for a specific amount of time. The IB does not tell you that you have to give an exam for a certain time. IB Psych SL could be given in at a Cali IB School on May 3rd at 9AM but in a New York IB School on May 3rd at 12PM. The IB doesn’t say you have to give an exam at a certain time, only on a certain day. The times that IB exams are given on the IB designated day are completely up to the school, but must be completed on that day.
The pdf said
Morning exams have to be given between 7AM to 1PM
Afternoon exams are for 12PM to 6PM.
They don’t tell you exactly what time the exams are given, the school does that.
Since are school encourages you to take IB Calculus SL and IB Math HL concurrently, I doubt they will give it at the same time.</p>

<p>And for that matter, I know seniors who just graduated who took the IB Math SL and IB Math HL exams. So tell me more about how it is impossible.</p>

<p>You will seriously regret this schedule. 4 HL is hard enough (and don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about as I took 4 HL courses: english, history, math, and chemistry). Your group 4 is going to be twice as long, but that doesn’t matter too much as most people make up their experiments. Your physics and chemistry (and math, too, for that matter) are going to drain you with their IAs. This is a very poorly thought out schedule. It seems like you’re trying to impress more than be smart about what you’re taking. you’re SERIOUSLY underestimating how intense IB is, which is clearly shown in the higher levels you’re deciding to take.</p>

<p>And it is impossible to take both math SL and HL exams and HAVE BOTH COUNT TOWARDS YOUR DIPLOMA. One will simply give you a certificate saying, “congrats, you put yourself through hell for this piece of paper that’s worth absolutely nothing.” Plus, you can’t take IB Math SL and IB Math HL exams in the same year.</p>