Chances of getting into SDSU or CSUF direct admit nursing?

Is it true that SDSU and CSUF only look at your GPA and SAT when making the decisions? I read that on their website but am not sure if this is actually true so I was wondering if someone with experience in this could chime in! I think my stats if considered alone may get me in but the problem is that I haven’t done any hospital volunteer yet. (stats btw are 4.0 uw gpa, 7 AP, 1520 SAT, other extracurriculars- not related to nursing though)

Yes, CSUF Nursing program only look at your academic scores which is GPA and SAT or ACT. My daughter was admitted to CSUF Nursing program for 2018 year. Her GPA was 4.6 (Weighted) and SAT 1448 without any hospital volunteer hours.

4.6 weighted is not the CSU GPA calculation since the cap is 4.4. CSUF and SDSU will calculate your eligibility index based on your capped weighted CSU GPA = UC capped weighted GPA and your SAT or ACT test scores.

(CSU capped weighted GPA x800) + (SAT Math +EBRW) or (CSU capped weighted GPA x200) + (ACT composite x10).

The CSU’s do superscore your ACT or SAT and below is the calculation for the UC GPA: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

EC’s are not considered in CSU admissions but having some exposure to the profession should help you decide if Nursing is worth pursuing.

UCI and UCLA will consider Nursing related EC’s in their application review along with the private school direct admit programs.