Chances of getting into Texas A&M university

Hi I’m a senior at a large and highly competitive school in Texas. I turned in my application to A&M on October 30th and my SRAR on December 1st (I forgot to turn this one in at the same time as my application). My first choice major is Psychology (BS) and my second choice is Biology. I haven’t heard back and I’m starting to get really worried. Here are my stats:

GPA u/w: 3.78

GPA w: 4.55

SAT: 1270 (I’m a really bad test taker)

EC’s: Student Council, National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Math Honor Society, English Honor Society, Globally Green, Teen Court, Cook Children Medical Center volunteer (summer program), shadowed physical therapist for two summers, occasionally volunteer at my local temple and local animal shelters, Played the piano from 4th grade until I quit my junior year, did taekwondo from 4th grade until I quit my sophomore year.

Classes: I have taken 5 AP courses, 7 Pre-AP courses, and 1 Dual Credit Course.

Do you think I have a chance of getting in? Thanks.

The fact that you attend a “highly competitive school” does not carry the weight with A&M and UT Austin like people seem to think. Even if these schools did consider where you go to high school, your 1270 on the SAT is an objective measure of your abilities and has no bearing on how strong or weak your classmates are academically.

I wish you the best of luck with A&M, but I would certainly find a safety school like Texas Tech where you could be happy and thrive.